Town of Clover – Minutes
Regular Board Meeting
December 11, 2019 7:00 pm
Called to order at 7:00 PM
Roll Call: Present: Steele, Gillespey, Isaksson, Rebak, Smith, Morelli, Stemwedel. Also present Dale Fuller, Shirley Nelson, Lois Palmer.
Minutes of November Regular board meeting. Correction of adding action (Carried Unanimous) to firewood bid.
Treasurer’s Report for November.
Expenditures: Motion by Steele/sRebak to approve Batch T-1211 Carried Unanimous.
– Caucus: January 11, 2020 at 10:00am in the Meeting Room of the Historic Gymnasium unless more space is needed, then in the Gym itself
– Transfer Station: Winter hours are in effect (Saturdays only, 9:00am to 1:00pm) outside the Town Garage
– South Shore Senior Meal Program: every Tuesday from 2:00pm to 4:00pm at Bear Paw.
– Golden Shoes: Every Monday & Thursday from 10:00am to 11:00am at the gym
– 261 Fearless: Every Wednesday from 5:00pm to 6:00pm at the gym
– Dominos: Every other Wednesday in the meeting room from 1:00pm to 4:00pm next, Wednesday, October 10
– Pickle Ball: Every Thursday at the Gym from 3:00pm to 5:00pm (beginners @ 2:00pm)
– Boom Mowing of the ditches is coming anytime in the next couple of months. This is the mower with a long arm that reaches the full depth and width of the ditch. All shrubs and trees will be mowed. This is to keep the ditches functioning to remove the water from harming the roadbeds. The water is not moving away from most roadbeds at the present time. Please remove all personal items from the ditches. The boom mower will likely harm them if they remain.
– Gym lot: The Gym parking lot is now the preferred helicopter landing site. If parking your car and leaving the Gym area, please park your car on Wee Avenue.
– Gym Users: PLEASE change into gym shoes prior to using the gym. PLEASE put the equipment away after use. Recently there have been many mornings when the Town Officials have come in and found balls lying around on the floor or stage, and the pickle ball net has not been returned to its carrier. There is no employee available to pick up after your use. There is no fee for use of the gym. You are responsible for picking up after your use.
– Gym Users: Planning an Event in the Gym? Please let Tracy know so that she can have you complete the event form for use of the Gym. This applies to both residents and non-residents of Herbster.
– Gym Users: Please consult the Calendar to the right of the lobby doors as you face the gym. If persons or groups are signed up for any of the time that you wish to use the gym, PLEASE yield the gym to those users at the appointed hours without delay.
Reports: (Please see: Announcements, Reports & Notes)
– Town Planning Commission – No Meeting.
– Fire Department: Rebak report in packet 1 call C/O alarm.
– Ambulance: Stemwedel report. 4 calls
– Campground: Smith checked with other campgrounds on reservation systems, one tried but discontinued, other have a full time person monitoring.
– Playground: Isaksson.
– Roads: Steele referred to the written report in the meeting packet.
– Boat Parking: Isaksson see notes.
– Transfer Station: Steele. See notes
– Cemetery: Rebak
– Gym. Steele.
– Bark Bay Slough Task Force: See notes all information received and permits sent.
o Large Pavilion—Rebak
o Upkeep of Historic Gym including annual cleaning of kitchen: TBD.
o Recommend Actions regarding attracting tourists: TBD.
o Follow up to Resolution # 05-005 establishing the National Incident Management System as the Town of Clover standard for incident management. No Report
o Follow up to Resolution dated October 10, 2007 Agreement to participate in development of Multi-
jurisdictional Comprehensive Plan. TBD.
– BUSINESS: Government:
o Treasurer’s Bond: Discussion/Likely Action related to issues of the Treasurer’s Bond, and Proposed
Resolution 20191211-1, Required Annual Resolution Regarding Treasurer’s Bond—Steele
o Motion: by Stemwedel/sIsaksson to adopt Resolution 20191211-1 Carried unanimous.
o Establishing a Contingency Fund: Discussion/Perhaps Action related to Contingency Fund Matters—
Steele/I. Morelli (see packets)
o Motion: by Stemwedel/sSmith to change general savings to reserve fund. Carried Unanimous.
o Motion: by Stemwedel/sSteele to have reserve fund include contingency funds. Carried Unanimous.
o Motion: by Stemwedel/sSteele to have any interest in accrued within reserve to stay in reserve account.
o Carried Unanimous.
o PayPal: Further Discussion/Perhaps Action regarding opening a PayPal account for Town of Clover Defer
o Discussion regarding response to WTA Survey: regarding possible Health Insurance Pool for small
o Poll workers for 2020
o Motion: by Stemwedel/sSteele to approve poll worker list. Carried Unanimous.
o Discussion/Perhaps Adoption: (see Packets)
–Ordinance #20191211-1. Amendment to Ordinance Prohibiting Motorized Vehicles upon Beaches
within the Township of Clover—Section II PENALTY (Adopted March 9, 1988)—Steele (see
Packet) Defer have questions.
–Ordinance #20191211-2, Amendment to Ordinance #:08-0001 (Adopted: November 12, 2008)
Regulate Snowmobiles within the Town of Clover
–Motion: Stemwedel/sIsaksson to adopt amendment ordinance 20191211-2 Carried Unanimous
–Ordinance #20191211-3, Amendment to Ordinance #:08-0002 (Adopted: November 12, 2008)
Regulate ATV’s within the Town of Clover
–Motion: by Stemwedel/sIsaksson to adopt amendment ordinance 20191211-3 Carried Unanimous.
o Discussion regarding the Ordinance Assigning Industrial and Commercial Lots (Adopted: February 3,
1977) (Note highlighted area) Check with TPC on this.
– Parks and Recreation:
o Discussion/Likely Action: related to the Contractor for the Large Pavilion–Steele
o Motion: by Steele/sStemwedel to appoint HCC as project coordinators. Carried Unanimous.
o Discussion/Likely Action: related to use of unused Designated Donations for Recreation and Fitness
($977.14) for reimbursing the HCC for part of 1⁄2 of the overage paid by them ($1570) for caulking the
outside of the Gym with the remaining portion ($592.86) coming from an anonymous donor
o Motion: by Stemwedel/sSteele to use donated funds (977.14) from recreation and fitness and donor
(592.86), to cover 1⁄2 the overrun on gym chinking. Carried unanimous.
– Future Agenda Items:
o Large Pavilion:
–Campsites around Large Pavilion
–Coverage Agreement follow-up
–Charging for non-transport calls
Motion to Adjourn By Consensus: 8:00 pm
Minutes prepared by the Town Clerk
Minutes are unofficial until approved by the Town of Clover Board.