Town of Clover Plan Commission
October 5, 2021
Call to Order: 7 pm
Roll Call: Chris Lehnert, James Stemwedel, Keith Koenning. Sheryl Isaksson and Pete Berton, absent.
Audience Attendance: Dale Fuller, Town Board Chair; Cindy Lazorik, Lois Palmer, and Dana Churness
Approval of Minutes: June 1, 2021 Meeting Minutes approved by consensus.
Old Business: None
Class A Special Use Permit for a short-term rental in R-RB zoning requested by Eileen Karpfinger.
Consensus recommendation to the Town Board: Goals 1 and 10 of the Comprehensive Plan support recreational housing and tourism. Approval with the following conditions to be on the County issued Special Use Permit: 1) This permit is not transferable if the property is sold. 2) Prior to advertising and rental the property owner must have a Wisconsin Tourist Rooming House License issued by the Bayfield County Health Department, and a Town of Clover Short-Term Rental License.
- Class A Special Use Permit for a residence in A-1 zoning requested by Peter Spooner.
Mr. Lehnert reported that his drive by observation confirmed presence of a red address sign, and a driveway.
Consensus recommendation to the Town Board: Approval. This permit is consistent with Section 4.9 of the Comprehensive Plan regarding housing and the unique rural character of the Town.
- 2023-2043 Comprehensive Plan, discussion and possible recommendations to the Town Board on the following:
- Town Board resolution in support of comprehensive planning and cooperation with Bayfield County, the Northwest Regional Planning Commission, and Wisconsin Coastal Management Program.
- Timeline for preparation of the 2023-2043 Plan (amendment number two).
- Grant Application for funding assistance from the Coastal Management Program.
- Budget request to the Town Board from the TPC for the 2023-2043 Plan.
The chair advised that the grant application materials became available in August and that the deadline for submission is November 5. The audience members were invited to comment. There was brief discussion and a consensus recommendation: Forwarding of the four documents to the Town Board for its consideration, and a recommendation that the resolution, grant application, and budget request be approved.
Future Business: None
Adjournment: 7:45 pm
Minutes prepared by the Plan Commission Chair, Keith Koenning, and questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.