Town of Clover – Minutes
Regular Board Meeting
June 10, 2020 7:00 pm
Called to order at 7:02 PM
Roll Call: Present: Steele, Gillespey, Isaksson, Morelli . by phone, Smith, Stemwedel, Absent Rebak Also present Lois Palmer, Dale Fuller, Shirley Nelson.
Minutes of May Regular board meeting.
Treasurer’s Report for May.
Expenditures: Motion by Steele/sStemwedel to approve Batch T-0610 Carried Unanimous.
Annual Meeting: June 16 at 7:00pm in the Historic Gymnasium
- Transfer Station: Summer hours are in effect (Saturdays, 9:00am to 1:00pm and Wednesdays, 5:00pm to 7:00pm) outside the Town Garage
- The following activities are suspended until further notice.
- South Shore Senior Meal Program: every Tuesday from 2:00pm to 4:00pm at Bear Paw.
- Golden Shoes: Every Monday & Thursday from 10:00am to 11:00am at the gym
- 261 Fearless: Every Wednesday from 5:00pm to 6:00pm at the gym
- Dominos: Every other Wednesday in the meeting room from 1:00pm to 4:00pm next, Wednesday, October 10
- Pickle Ball: Every Thursday at the Gym from 3:00pm to 5:00pm (beginners @ 2:00pm)
- Coffee, Treats and Fellowship: every Thursday from 8:00am in the meeting room
- PLEASE Complete and return your census survey. The aggregated information from this is very important to the Town for such things as seeking grant funding, for economic development and the like.
- Gym lot: The Gym parking lot is now the preferred helicopter landing site. If parking your car and leaving the Gym area, please park your car on Wee Avenue.
- Gym Users: PLEASE change into gym shoes prior to using the gym. PLEASE put the equipment away after use. Recently there have been many mornings when the Town Officials have come in and found balls lying around on the floor or stage, and the pickle ball net has not been returned to its carrier. There is no employee available to pick up after your use. There is no fee for use of the gym. You are responsible for picking up after your use.
- Gym Users: Planning an Event in the Gym? Please let Tracy know so that she can have you complete the event form for use of the Gym. This applies to both residents and non-residents of Herbster.
- Gym Users: Please consult the Calendar to the right of the lobby doors as you face the gym. If persons or groups are signed up for any of the time that you wish to use the gym, PLEASE yield the gym to those users at the appointed hours without delay.
Reports: (Please see: Announcements, Reports & Notes)
- Town Planning Commission – No Meeting.
- Fire Department: Rebak report in packet, Pumper into Darley and returned.
- Ambulance: Stemwedel report. 10 requests airway training complete.
- Campground: Closed at this time. Possible new camp host 3 interests when needed.
- Playground: Closed at this time.
- Roads: Steele referred to the written report in the meeting packet. Cancellation of road review due to Covid.
- Boat Parking: Isaksson see notes. Committee is working on looking recycle bin, trying to make contact with army corp and looked at possible grant funds.
- Transfer Station: Steele. See notes
- Cemetery: Rebak database still being worked on. Looked at Ordinance and changes to be done.
- Gym. Steele. Closed at this time.
- Bark Bay Slough Task Force: See notes all information received and permits sent.
- Upkeep of Historic Gym including annual cleaning of kitchen:
- Recommend Actions regarding attracting tourists:
- Follow up to Resolution # 05-005 establishing the National Incident Management System as the Town of Clover standard for incident management. No Report
- Follow up to Resolution dated October 10, 2007 Agreement to participate in development of Multi-jurisdictional Comprehensive Plan. TBD.
- BUSINESS: Government:
- General Government:
- Discussion/Likely Action related to properly provide governmental body meeting notices to the public by posting at the bulletin board in front of the Historic Gymnasium, the Post Office and on the Town Web site herbsterwisconsin.com –Steele (see Note #1 below)
- Motion: by Steele/Stemwedel to make official posting sites the website, gym and herbster post office. Carried Unanimous.
- Discussion/Likely Action related to proposed revision of Town Budget 2o to the State’s suggestion that municipalities reduce their budgets for 2020 by 5%–Steele/S. Isaksson
- Motion: by Stemwedel/sSteele to adopt the budget revisions as presented. Carried Uninamous.
- Discussion/Likely Action related to:
- Liquor License—Woody’s
- Motion: by Steele/s Stemwedel to approve liquor license to Woody’s food and spirits for 20/21 year. Carried Unanimous.
- Operator Licenses:
- Tracy Gillespey
- Motion: by Steele/sStemwedel to approve operator license for Tracy Gillespey for 20/21 year. Carried Unanimous.
- Carrie Winningham
- Motion: by Steele/sStemwedel to approve operator license for Carrie Winningham for 20/21 year. Carried Unanimous.
- Discussion/Likely Action related to Transient Merchant Permit for Poseidon Adventures LLC—Steele
- Motion: by Steele/sSmith to approve transient merchant permit to Poseidon Adventures LLC. Carried unanimous.
- Public Safety:
- Herbster Volunteer Fire Department:
- Discussion/Perhaps Action related to Resolution 20200513-2 Amendment to Resolution #20131218-3 Move 2% Fire Dues Return to Savings—Rebak/Steele (See Packets for resolution and DSPS 2% Fire Dues uses) no action
- Perhaps Discussion/Perhaps Action related to Resolution #20200513-3A, use of use of 2% Fire Dues money for expenses related to Herbster Volunteer Fire Department (HVFD)—Rebak/Steele
- Motion: by Steele/sStemwedel to adopt resolution 20200513-3A Carried Unanimous.
- Health and Human Services: Discussion/Likely Action related to the Cemetery:
- Date for Public Hearing—see Ordinance #2130814-1, Cemetery Ordinance, XVII, B. (Ordinances can be found on the web herbsterwisconsin.com )
- Public Hearing Monday June 29th at 10:00am. By consensus
- Installation and Location of kiosk for maps & plot status, including names and plot locations of persons interred there
- Herbster Volunteer Fire Department:
Motion: by Steele/sStemwedel to place kiosk at the northeast corner of cemetery (new section). Carried Unanimous.
- Roads: Discussion/Perhaps Action related to McCoy Construction Forestry proposal for Grader maintenance—Steele (see packets) No motion there for no action.
- Culture & Recreation:
- Gymnasium: Discussion/Perhaps action related to processes and procedures resumption of gym activities.
- By consensus: to accept procedures and processes for gym use. Slowly opening need to contact town clerk or chairperson as to what is expected.
- Future Agenda Items:
- Discussion/Perhaps Adoption related to: Ordinance Prohibiting Motorized Vehicles upon Beaches within the Township of Clover (Adopted March 9, 1988)
- Large Pavilion:
- Campsites around Large Pavilion
- Coverage Agreement follow-up
- Charging for non-transport calls
Motion to Adjourn By Consensus: 8:20 pm
Minutes prepared by the Town Clerk
Minutes are unofficial until approved by the Town of Clover Board.