Town of Clover
Notice of Caucus
NOTE: This meeting is in the main area—Gymnasium proper. Masks required. The chairs are arranged to that social distancing (at least 6’ apart) is maintained. Please do not rearrange the chairs. The surfaces have been sanitized and will be again after the meeting(s). Cleaning your hands by using the sanitizer provided at the entrances (or better yet washing your hands for 20 seconds in one of the 4 bathrooms) is encouraged, if you cough do so in the crook of your elbow—not into your hands, and project your voice so that all can hear.
The Town of Clover will hold a caucus on January 9th, 2021 at 10:00 AM for the purpose of nominating candidates for Chairperson, two (2) Supervisor positions clerk and treasurer. These positions expire April 20, 2021. The Caucus will be held at the Town Hall (the Historic Gym).
The incumbents for these positions are:
- Patti Stemwedel, Supervisor
- Open, Supervisor
- Open Chairperson
- Tracy Gillespey Clerk
- Iva Morelli Treasurer
Nominations are made either from the floor and seconded or by paper nomination. If the number of nominees for the chairperson, clerk or treasurer exceeds two (2) the caucus will need to vote until the number of nominees is down to two (2) per position, two (2) Supervisor positions exceeds four (4) the caucus will need to vote until the number of nominees for Supervisors is down to four (4).
The agenda for the meeting will be as follows:
Call to Order:
Pledge of Allegiance
- Choose method of:
- Nominating candidates (can be either by motion made and seconded from the floor or by writing names on a slip of paper distributed by the Clerk to the electors)
- Selecting persons for the ballot (again choice is either acclimation or paper ballot and only needed if more than two(2) for chairperson, clerk or treasurer four (4) persons are nominated for the two (2) Supervisor Positions)
- Breaking Ties (can be either by drawing lots or conducting another vote—acclimation or paper)
- Announcement that all names have been placed into nomination.
- If only two (2) people are nominated for chairperson, clerk or treasurer and four (4) people have been nominated for Supervisor no balloting is required and the meeting is over
- If balloting is required:
- Electors may cast as many votes as there are seats to be filled for a position (1) for chairperson, clerk, treasurer and (2 votes for Supervisor)
- The candidates receiving the most votes shall be nominated and certified by the Chairperson.
Motion to Adjourn
Posted this day of the 2nd day of January 2021 by the Town of Clover Clerk. Posting is at the Town Hall (The Gym), Website and the Herbster Post office. Notice is also distributed via eMail.
The Town Hall is accessible to those persons with physical disabilities. For assistance please contact the Town Office at 715-774-3780.