Town of Clover – Minutes
Regular Board Meeting
September 9, 2021 7:00 pm
Called to order at 7:00 PM
Roll Call: Present: Steele, Gillespey, Isaksson, Stemwedel, Fuller, Smith, Absent Morelli Also present Shirley Nelson, Lois Palmer, Patti Louks, Nan Maki.
Minutes of August 3 Special board meeting.
Minutes of August 11 Regular board meeting.
Treasurer’s Report for August.
Expenditures: Motion by Steele/sStemwedel to approve Batch T-0908 Carried Unanimous.
Business: Discussion and action may occur on any of the following agenda items.
Application for transient merchant permit by Chris Prysok, 5058 Main St., Millersburg, MI
Deferred to next meeting
Chronic Wasting Disease Prevention Initiative. $150 request for Adopt-a-Dumpster.
Snow plow fees for 2021-2022 season.
Motion: to remain the same by consensus.
Command Central and Election System & Software voting machines cost comparison. Steele
Motion: by Steele/sStemwedel to purchase ES&S Express Vote and DS200 scanner/tabulator. Carried Unanimous.
Proposed Town of Clover campground plan which would remove the former boat launch parking area and add new campsites. Smith
Motion: by Isaksson/sStemwedel to approve layout to be used for conditional use permit Carried Unanimous.
Budget planning. To have budget request into the town by September 30 2021.
Reports: (Please see: Announcements, Reports & Notes)
- Town Planning Commission – No meeting
- Fire Department: Minutes in packets
- Ambulance: Stemwedel report.11 calls.
- Campground: Conditional use permit is in the works. Hosts are doing a wonderful job this season so far, working very hard to make a pleasurable stay for campers.
- Boat Parking: Isaksson
- Transfer Station: Fuller Summer hours
- Cemetery: Fuller
- Gym. Fuller
- Bark Bay Slough Steele
- Future agenda items:
- Solid waste charge fees
- Non transport ambulance
- Budget planning
- Public comment will be heard in this regard under the three-minute rule.
Motion to Adjourn by consensus: 8:03pm
Minutes prepared by the Town Clerk
Minutes are unofficial until approved by the Town of Clover Board.
* Towns may adopt an alternative claims procedure ordinance under Wis. Stat. § 60.44(2) that provides an expedited process for paying all or select types of bills. This ordinance delegates primary approval authority to the clerk and allows signed checks to be distributed by the treasurer before being approved by the town board. Clerks then present a monthly list of paid claims to the town board for approval after the fact.