Town of Clover – Meeting Notice
April 14, 2021 at 7:00 pm in the Town Hall (Historic Gymnasium).
NOTE: This meeting is in the main area—Gymnasium proper. Masks required. The chairs are arranged to that social distancing (at least 6’ apart) is maintained. Please do not rearrange the chairs. The surfaces have been sanitized and will be again after the meeting(s). Cleaning your hands by using the sanitizer provided at the entrances (or better yet washing your hands for 20 seconds in one of the 4 bathrooms) is encouraged, if you cough do so in the crook of your elbow—not into your hands, and project your voice so that all can hear.
NOTE: The public is invited to attend, you may walk at any time, you will need to sign for the record, but there is no requirement to sign in separately if you wish to speak. The public is limited to three (3) minutes by the clock and one (1) presentation per person during Public Comment. NOTE: The packets will be available to the public 1/2 hour prior to the meeting (that is 6:30pm).
Call to order:
Pledge of Allegiance:
Review of Minutes with any corrections: (see packets)
- March 10
Treasurer’s Report for:
Expenditures: Motion to approve the expenditure Batch
- Elections: Congratulations to Dale Fuller on his election to Chairperson for the Town of Clover and to Beverly Steele and Patti Stemwedel for their elections to Supervisor.
- Annual Meeting: Tuesday April 20, 2021 at 7:00pm in the Historic Gymnasium
- Transfer Station: Winter hours are in effect (Saturdays, 9:00am to 1:00pm) through May 1, then back to Summer hours (Saturdays only, 9:00am to 1:00pm and Wednesdays, 5:00pm to 7:00pm). TC COVID rules remain in effect, see the Town of Clover web site for specifics.
- Gentle Reopening of the Historic Gymnasium is in process. Call Tracy for “Requirements for proposed protocols for gentle reopening…”. Both Tracy and the Chairperson can review and approve proposals from submitting parties.
Announcements: (Please see Announcements below the agenda for further Announcements)
- Gym lot: The Gym parking lot is the preferred helicopter landing site. If parking your car and leaving the Gym area, please park your car on Wee Avenue.
- Town Planning Commission: Koenning, Chairperson
- Fire Department: Rebak (see packet)
- Ambulance: Stemwedel (see packet)
- Town Park/Campground: Smith
- Play Ground: Isaksson
- Roads: Steele
- Boat Parking and Launch: Isaksson
- Transfer Station: Steele
- Cemetery: Rebak
- Gym: Steele
- Bark Bay Slough: Steele
- Public Works—Roads: Discussion/Likely Action related to Opening Gravel Bids—Steele (see packets for “cheat” sheet)
- General Government: Discussion/Likely Action related to:
- Reappointment to TPC of:
- Keith Koenning
- Chris Lehnert
- Recommendations to the County Zoning Committee:
- Class A Special Use Permit, Singler (see packets)
- Class A Special Use Permit, David & Laura Kramer (see packets)
- Conditional Use Permit request, K. Majchrzak/R. Glau (see packets)
- Ordinance #20210414-1, Prohibiting Motor Vehicles upon Beaches within the Township of Clover (amending Ordinance #19880309)
- Resolutions #20210414-A to J, 2020 Budget Reconciliations (see packets)
- Transient Merchant Permit Requests:
- Trek & Trail
- Lost Creek Adventures
- Wilderness Inquiry
- Request for Reimbursement to the HCC of designated funds donated to the Town of Clover in 1987 and 1989 for construction of the Town Park pavilion and reportedly not used for that purpose—Attorney Lindsey Response (see Packets)
- Electricity: Discussion/Perhaps Action related to Xcel Energy Renewable Connect—Steele (see packets)
- Reappointment to TPC of:
- Public Safety:
- Discussion for Revision of the Emergency Operations plan, updating persons in the call schedule and their contact information (April 2021) (see packet)
- Discussion/Perhaps Action related to SSAA charging for calls resulting in non-transport of patient (see packet)
- Future Agenda Items?
- Motion to Adjourn
Agenda prepared by the Town Chair
Notice and agenda posted by the Clerk on or before 7:00 PM Tuesday, April 13. Posting is at the Town Hall, Post Office and the Town’s Web Site. Also distributed via email.
The Town Hall is accessible to those persons with physical disabilities. For assistance please contact the Town Office at 715-774-3780.
Announcements, Reports and Notes:
- Town Planning Commission: –-K. Koenning (see packet for Minutes of April Meeting)
- the Gym is closed to all non-official activities, except those who have submitted proposals in response to Requirements for proposed protocols for gentle reopening and been approved by either the Clerk or Chairperson.
- Watch the Town Website (herbsterwisconsin.com ) for further information regarding the status of Gym activities.
- Lighting: Replacement with LED lights is now complete.
- Town Website: Check out the Town Website for both official information and interest items. This is one of the three (3) official posting sites for town notices, agendas, minute and the like. The most recent Ordinances of any type with any more recent amendments on any subject are now posted on the web site.
- HVFD: Rebak (for Minutes & Treasurer’s Report(s) of the Volunteer Fund–(see packet) The HVFD is always looking for volunteers to become volunteer fire fighters. There are funds available to cover the schooling and testing needed while you begin serving as a volunteer fire fighter. If anyone is interested, please give Tracy Gillespey a call (715)774-3780 and she will put you in touch with the Fire Chief. Your community depends on volunteers to keep the community as safe as possible from fires.
- SSAA: Stemwedel The SSAA is always looking for volunteers to become EMTs. If you are an EMT we need you. If you are not yet an EMT, there are funds available to cover the schooling and testing needed to become an EMT. If anyone is interested, please give Tracy Gillespey a call (715)774-3780 and she will put you in touch with Jeff Byerhof, Director of the SSAA. Our communities need volunteer EMTs to help with emergency care and transport of the residents, property owners and visitors of the Towns served. The SSAA serves the four (4) towns of Orienta, Port Wing, Herbster and Cornucopia.
- LED Light Upgrade: In process for SSAA and HVFD Halls (lights donated)
- Road Maintenance (through March 31)
- Culvert Rehab:
- Culvert Replacement:
- Cleaned Ditches: Bark Point Road=1; Bark River Road=4; Busche Town Road=2; Cranberry River Road=1; Lenawee Road (FR 262) =3; Old Puig Road=1; Touve Road=2
- Graded: Bark River Road=2; Busche Town Road=1; Campbell Road=1; Clover/Cemetery Road=1; Lenawee Road (FR 262)=3; Matthews Road=1; Old Puig Road=1; Shortcut Road=1
- Cold Pack to Potholes:
- Pothole Repair:
- Rebuilt and Fortified:
- Removed Rocks:
- Sign Replacement/installation:
- Snow Blowing:
- Snow Plowing: Clearing roadways of snow and providing ice control as needed. All Town Roads except the following: Bark Bay Slough Road=6, Bark Point Landing Road=7; Bell/Clover Town Line Road=0; Clover Gravel Pit Road=1; Deswert Road=7; Half Mile Road=2; & Kessler Road=5. Town Roads to date=28; Forest Roads: Battle Axe (FR246) =6; Boundary Rd (FR 439) =7; Bratley Rd=6; Brinks Road (FR 236) =6; Clover Gravel Pit Road=2; Lenawee Tower Road (FR 424)6; Sand Trap Rd (FR 683) =6, and Seven Mile RD (FR 433) =6
- Spot Gravel:
- Tree Removal: Bark Bay Slough Road=1; Bark Point Road=1; Bark River Road=1; Battle Axe (FR 246) =1; Lenawee Tower Road (FR 424) =1; Old St. Hwy 13=1; Sand Trap Road (FR 683=1; Shortcut Road=1
- Garage & Equipment Maintenance (Thru March 31)
- Coordination of Activities Planning: x’s 14
- Worked on items like logs: x’s 11
- Maintenance on:
- Back Hoe: x’s 4
- Dump Truck 2019: x’s 11
- Dump Truck 2006: x’s 12
- Grader: x’s 19
- Leveler: x’s
- Mower: x’s
- Old Trailer: x’s
- New Trailer: x’s
- Pickup Truck 2008: x’s 1
- Shop: x’s 48
- Snow Blower:
- Steamer: x’s 2
- Tractor: x’s 2
- Transfer Station:
- Other: x’s 3
- Equipment Use:
- Dump Truck 2019: x’s 24
- Dump Truck 2006: x’s 17
- Pick Up Truck 2008: x’s 23
- Back Hoe: x’s 9
- Grader: x’s 21
- Road Snow Blower: x’s
- Tractor: x’s
- Leveler & I Beam: x’s 1
- Steamer: x’s 4
- Trailer, New: x’s 1
- Road Maintenance (through March 31)
- Park Avenue from State Highway 13 to the intersection with Frontage Road is not listed as an official roadbed by the DOT. Nothing new to report.
- Flooring for Office and Bathroom: Flooring in the bathroom is now fully installed.
- LED Light Upgrade: Complete in Historic Gymnasium and Garage.
- Transfer Station:
- The Transfer Station is at the garage location. We are on Winter hours (Saturdays from 9:00am to 1:00pm). May 1st Summer hours resume (Saturdays from 9:00am to 1:00pm and Wednesdays 5:00pm to 7:00pm)
- COVID Rules remain in effect at the Transfer Station. See the Website for specifics.
- What can and cannot be accepted at the Transfer Station:
- Metal: NOTE: Please place only metal items in the metal dumpster or metal recycling designated location. The Town employees should not need to sort the material in these dumpsters to be sure that they are metal. No electronics or appliances please. If in doubt talk to either Glenn, Dan “Slappy”, Rocky, or one of the crew before dumping into the metal dumpster.
- Small Batteries are accepted at the Town’s Transfer Station
- Electronic, cathode ray tube and florescent bulb waste CANNOT be accepted at the Town of Clover Transfer station but the Town has a cooperative agreement with the Town of Bell (Cornucopia) Transfer Station to accept our waste at the same fee as their residents pay.
- Corrugated cardboard waste CAN be accepted at our Transfer Station, but the Town of Bell Transfer station has a cardboard bailer and accepts this waste free of charge without breaking down the boxes. They make money off this waste. Wet corrugated cardboard is not accepted to be bailed and sold. It needs to go into our recycling bin.
- All Paper—including white and slick is no longer being recycled for the South Shore School fund raiser band trips. It is to be placed in the Transfer Station Recycle Dumpster.
- Please crush all containers for recycling as able.
- Remove all bottle tops and place the tops in the Trash, bottles only in Recyclables.
- Aluminum cans are recycled separately for the playground
- NO OLD TIRES ARE ACCEPTED
Health & Human Services: Cemetery:
- Spring Cleaning=1st week of May. Please wait ‘til after Spring Cleaning to place items on grave sites.
- Kiosk: The materials are present and awaiting installation.
- To purchase a lot(s) in the Cemetery, please call either Tim Nicoletti, Sextan at the Garage (715-774-3882) or Tracy Gillespey, Clerk (715-774-3870). All maps including blocks of lots are now available for your selection. Please contact the Garage if you wish to select a Plots or a lot.
Culture, Recreation and Education:
- Town Park/Campground: Smith
- Boat Parking and Boat Launch: Arrangements have been made for equipment & manning of the Large excavator. Coordination of all is in process. Permission to move heavy equipment over specific roads during seasonal weight restrictions has been forwarded to the equipment owner. Construction the floating walkway is in process. Donations are being sought for this project.
- The 2021 Town budget includes $2,000 for dredging.
- Playground: The tarp on the playhouse has been removed. It is beyond repair, so is being discarded.
- Bark Bay Slough: Nothing new to report.
Grants: The Town is awaiting response to a grant proposal submitted to the Bayfield County Forestry Department.
2019 Wisconsin Act #185 states that local governments are not subject to the requirement to limit meetings to 10 people or less, but must still follow CDC social distancing guidelines for any meetings. Thus, persons must be seated at least 6’ apart, surfaces must be sanitized before and after the meeting, hand sanitizer must be available at entrances. Masks are required.