Town of Clover – Minutes
Regular Board Meeting
November 13, 2019 7:00 pm
Called to order at 7:00 PM
Roll Call: Present: Steele, Gillespey, Isaksson, Rebak, Smith, Morelli, Absent Stemwedel. Also present Dale Fuller, Shirley Nelson, Pete Burton, Elizabeth Stevens, Lois Palmer, Cindy Lazorik.
Minutes of October 9 Regular board meeting.
Minutes of October 8 Special board meeting.
Minutes of October 15 Special board meeting.
Minutes of October 16 Special board meeting.
Treasurer’s Report for October
Expenditures: Motion by Steele/sRebak to approve Batch T-1113-1 Carried Unanimous.
- Transfer Station: Winter hours are in effect (Saturdays only, 9:00am to 1:00pm) outside the Town Garage
- South Shore Senior Meal Program: every Tuesday from 2:00pm to 4:00pm at Bear Paw.
- Golden Shoes: Every Monday & Thursday from 10:00am to 11:00am at the gym
- 261 Fearless: Every Wednesday from 5:00pm to 6:00pm at the gym
- Dominos: Every other Wednesday in the meeting room from 1:00pm to 4:00pm next, Wednesday, October 10
- Pickle Ball: Every Thursday at the Gym from 3:00pm to 5:00pm (beginners @ 2:00pm)
- Cemetery is now cleaned
- Boom Mowing of the ditches is coming anytime in the next couple of months. This is the mower with a long arm that reaches the full depth and width of the ditch. All shrubs and trees will be mowed. This is to keep the ditches functioning to remove the water from harming the roadbeds. The water is not moving away from most roadbeds at the present time. Please remove all personal items from the ditches. The boom mower will likely harm them if they remain.
- Gym lot: The Gym parking lot is now the preferred helicopter landing site. If parking your car and leaving the Gym area, please park your car on Wee Avenue.
- Gym Users: PLEASE change into gym shoes prior to using the gym. PLEASE put the equipment away after use. Recently there have been many mornings when the Town Officials have come in and found balls lying around on the floor or stage, and the pickle ball net has not been returned to its carrier. There is no employee available to pick up after your use. There is no fee for use of the gym. You are responsible for picking up after your use.
Reports: (Please see: Announcements, Reports & Notes)
- Town Planning Commission – Minutes in packet.
- Fire Department: Rebak report in packet
- Ambulance: Stemwedel report. No report this month
- Campground: Smith campground is closed for the season.
- Roads: Steele referred to the written report in the meeting packet.
- Boat Parking: Isaksson see notes.
- Transfer Station: Steele. See notes
- Cemetery: Rebak
- Gym. Steele.
- Bark Bay Slough Task Force: See notes all information received and permits sent.
- Large Pavilion—Rebak
- Ordinance Review: ongoing—Steele
- Upkeep of Historic Gym including annual cleaning of kitchen:
- Recommend Actions regarding attracting tourists:
- Follow up to Resolution # 05-005 establishing the National Incident Management System as the Town of Clover standard for incident management. No Report
- Follow up to Resolution dated October 10, 2007 Agreement to participate in development of Multi-jurisdictional Comprehensive Plan. TBD.
- Discussion/Likely Action: related to approval of the 2020 Budget—Steele (see packet)
- Motion: by Steele/sIsaksson to approve the 2020 board budget. Carried Unanimous
- Discussion: related to Opening PayPal account for Town of Clover—I. Morelli (see packet)
- Discussion/Likely Action: related to replacement of Large Door on west side of Garage—Steele (see Note #1 below)(see estimate in packet)
- Motion: by Isaksson/sSteele to Purchase the garage from Brule River Garage as per quote, Carried Unanimous.
- Discussion/Likely Action: related to Resolution # 20191113-1, Snowplow Awareness and Operator Appreciation—Steele (see packet)
- Motion: by Isaksson/sRebak to adopt Resollution20191113-1 Carried Unanimous.
- SSAA: Discussion/Likely Action: related to the Board hire a Director (review application)—Steele (see Note #2 below)
- Motion: by Smith/sSteele to hire Jeff Byerhof as ambulance director. Carried Unanimous.
- Parks and Recreation:
- Discussion/Likely Action: related to opening the bids for Campground firewood.
- Motion: by Steele/sRebak to accept bid from Ross Darst/ Darst Firewood and Storage.( cut, split, dry ,delivered)
- Discussion/Likely Action: related to the Large Pavilion–Rebak
- Asked HCC to see if club would oversee the reconstruction project and be involved with the funding of the reconstruction at a minimum of approximately $6400, and if funds are available then to approximately $8200. Will be done at the December regular board meeting.
- Future Agenda Items:
- Large Pavilion:
- Campsites around Large Pavilion
- Coverage Agreement follow-up
- Position Descriptions
- Charging for non-transport calls
- Large Pavilion:
Motion to Adjourn By Consensus: 8:39 pm
Minutes prepared by the Town Clerk
Minutes are unofficial until approved by the Town of Clover Board.