Town of Clover
Notice of Caucus
The Town of Clover will hold a caucus on January 14th, 2023 at 10:00 AM for the purpose of nominating candidates for Chairperson, two (2) Supervisor positions Clerk, Treasurer. These positions expire April 18, 2023. The Caucus will be held at the Town Hall (the Historic Gym).
The incumbents for these positions are:
- Dale Fuller Chairperson
- Patti Stemwedel, Supervisor
- Open, Supervisor
- Tracy Gillespey Clerk
- Iva Morelli Treasurer
Nominations are made either from the floor and seconded or by paper nomination. If the number of nominees for the two (2) Supervisor positions exceeds four (4) the caucus will need to vote until the number of nominees for Supervisors is down to four (4).
The agenda for the meeting will be as follows:
Call to Order:
Pledge of Allegiance
- Business: Election of:
- Chairperson person to conduct the meeting (either acclimation (voice vote) or paper ballot—caucus members to decide)
- 2 tellers to canvass the votes for each office (again can be either by acclimation –voice vote– or paper ballot)
Choose method of:
- Nominating candidates (can be either by motion made and seconded from the floor or by writing names on a slip of paper distributed by the Clerk to the electors)
- Selecting persons for the ballot (again choice is either acclimation or paper ballot and only needed if more than four (4) persons are nominated for the two (2) Supervisor Positions) and more than (2) for chairperson, clerk, or treasurer.
- Breaking Ties (can be either by drawing lots or conducting another vote—acclimation or paper)
- Announcement that all names have been placed into nomination.
- If only four (4) people have been nominated for Supervisor no balloting is required and the meeting is over
- If balloting is required:
- Electors may cast as many votes as there are seats to be filled for a position (2 votes for Supervisor) (1) vote for chairperson, clerk, treasurer.
- The candidates receiving the most votes shall be nominated and certified by the Chairperson.
Motion to Adjourn
Posted this 5th day of the January 2023 by the Town of Clover Clerk. Posting is at the Town Hall (The Gym), the Fire Hall and the Herbster Post office, town website. Notice is also distributed via eMail.
The Town Hall is accessible to those persons with physical disabilities. For assistance please contact the Town Office at 715-774-3780.