Town of Clover – Minutes
Regular Board Meeting
October 14, 2020 7:00 pm
Called to order at 7:00 PM
Roll Call: Present: Steele, Gillespey, Isaksson, Smith, Rebak, by Phone Stemwedel, Absent Morelli Also present Lois Palmer, Keith Koenning.
Public Comments: None
Minutes of September Regular board meeting.
Treasurer’s Report for September.
Expenditures: Motion by Steele/sStemwedel to approve Batch T-1014 Carried Unanimous.
- Election: The Polls are open November 3 from 7:00am to 8:00pm. If you have not voted by absentee ballot, please come to the poles and vote. Your vote is very important.
- Public Hearing and Electors Meetings: November 7, at 10:00 am in the Historic Gymnasium for the Public Hearing regarding the 2021 Budget followed immediately after by the Electors Meeting to approve the Levy.
- Cemetery: Please remove all items of importance to you from the cemetery. During the 1st week of November the cemetery will be cleaned for the winter and all extraneous items will be discarded. See the Cemetery Ordinance and related amendment on the Town of Clover website for what will remain.
- Transfer Station: Summer hours are in effect (Saturdays, 9:00am to 1:00pm) through May 1, then back to Summer hours (Saturdays only, 9:00am to 1:00pm and Wednesdays, 5:00pm to 7:00pm). TC COVID rules remain in effect, see the Town of Clover website for specifics.
- The following activities are suspended until further notice.
- South Shore Senior Meal Program: every Tuesday from 2:00pm to 4:00pm at Bear Paw.
- Golden Shoes: Every Monday & Thursday from 10:00am to 11:00am at the gym
- 261 Fearless: Every Wednesday from 5:00pm to 6:00pm at the gym
- Dominoes: Every other Wednesday in the meeting room from 1:00pm to 4:00pm next, Wednesday, October 10
- Pickle Ball: Every Thursday at the Gym from 3:00pm to 5:00pm (beginners @ 2:00pm)
- Coffee, Treats and Fellowship: every Thursday from 8:00am in the meeting room
- Gym lot: The Gym parking lot is now the preferred helicopter landing site. If parking your car and leaving the Gym area, please park your car on Wee Avenue.
- Gym Users: PLEASE change into gym shoes prior to using the gym. PLEASE put the equipment away after use. Recently there have been many mornings when the Town Officials have come in and found balls lying around on the floor or stage, and the pickle ball net has not been returned to its carrier. There is no employee available to pick up after your use. There is no fee for use of the gym. You are responsible for picking up after your use.
- Gym Users: Planning an Event in the Gym? Please let Tracy know so that she can have you complete the event form for use of the Gym. This applies to both residents and non-residents of Herbster.
- Gym Users: Please consult the Calendar to the right of the lobby doors as you face the gym. If persons or groups are signed up for any of the time that you wish to use the gym, PLEASE yield the gym to those users at the appointed hours without delay.
Reports: (Please see: Announcements, Reports & Notes)
- Town Planning Commission – October meeting see recommendation by TPC in packet
- Fire Department: Rebak report .
- Ambulance: Stemwedel report. 3 calls
- Campground: Closed for season, applications for Host have been coming in.
- Playground: Closed at this time. Paint for roofs.
- Roads: Steele referred to the written report in the meeting packet.
- Boat Parking: Isaksson see notes. Committee design for ideas for walkway.
- Transfer Station: Steele. See notes
- Cemetery: Rebak
- Gym. Steele. Closed at this time.
- Bark Bay Slough Task Force: See notes all information received and permits sent.
- Upkeep of Historic Gym including annual cleaning of kitchen:
- Recommend Actions regarding attracting tourists:
- Follow up to Resolution # 05-005 establishing the National Incident Management System as the Town of Clover standard for incident management. No Report
- Follow up to Resolution dated October 10, 2007 Agreement to participate in development of Multi-jurisdictional Comprehensive Plan. TBD.
- BUSINESS: Government:
- General Government:
- Discussion/Possible Action related to Office for the Sanitary District—Stemwedel deferred
- Discussion/Likely Action related Proposed Budget for 2021 (see packets)—Steele, Isaksson
- Discussion/Likely Action related to caucus date and time–Steele (see Note #1 below)
- By Consensus to hold Caucus January 9th at 10:00am
- Discussion/Likely Action related to recommendations to Bayfield County Zoning for Class A Special Use Permits for : (see packet for Minutes of October 6 TPC Meeting recommendations to the Town Board)
- Luke Grosskreutz for short-term rental
- Motion: by Steele/sRebak to approve Class A special use permit with conditions of TPC and addition of licenses now or in the future required by the Town of Clover. Carried Unanimous.
- Greg Haug Class A Special Use Permit for grading within 1,000 feet of Lake Superior
- Motion: by Steele/sRebak to approve Class A special use permit Greg Haug with conditions recommended by TPC. Carried Unanimous.
- Paul Radtke Class A Special Use Permit for grading within 1,00 feet of Lake Superior
- Motion: by Steele/sRebak to approve Class A special use for Paul Radtke with conditions recommended by TPC. Carried Unanimous
- Discussion/Likely Action related to TOC Short-Term Rental Ordinance—Steele, Koenning (see packets) defer until November meeting.
- Public Safety:
- Discussion/Perhaps Action related to purchase of an automated CPR machine for SSAA. (see Note #2 below)—Byerhof/Steele
- By Consensus: to have a special board meeting Oct 21 at 4:00pm to go over information discovered and needed. Carried
- Discussion Only/Perhaps Action in November related to SSAA charging for non-transport calls. defer to future meeting
- Education and Recreation:
- Discussion/Perhaps Action related to installation of a bulletin board at the Bark Bay Slough to post a list of the Permitted Transient Merchants for use of the Bark Bay Slough road and parking lot for their businesses–Steele
- Motion: by Steele/sIsaksson to installation of a bulletin board at the Bark Bay Slough to post a list of the Permitted Transient Merchants for use of the Bark Bay Slough road and parking lot, contingent on donation of board. Carried Unanimous.
- Future Agenda Items:
- Discussion/Perhaps Adoption related to: Ordinance Prohibiting Motorized Vehicles upon Beaches within the Township of Clover (Adopted March 9, 1988)
- Large Pavilion:
- Campsites around Large Pavilion
- Coverage Agreement follow-up
- Charging for non-transport calls
- Research Ordinance for hunting on the beach.
- Amendment to Driveway Ordinance.
Motion to Adjourn By Consensus: 8:40 pm
Minutes prepared by the Town Clerk
Minutes are unofficial until approved by the Town of Clover Board.