Town of Clover – Minutes
Regular Board Meeting
May 13, 2020 7:00 pm
Called to order at 7:00 PM
Roll Call: Present: Steele, Gillespey, Isaksson, Rebak, Morelli. by phone, Smith, Stemwedel Also present Lois Palmer, John Mead, Al Schiefelbein
Minutes of April Regular board meeting.
Treasurer’s Report for April.
Expenditures: Motion by Steele/sStemwedel to approve Batch T-0513 Carried Unanimous.
Cemetery: Memorial Day Service at the Cemetery has been cancelled. Please maintain social distancing and 9 people or less per group when visiting the cemetery.
- Spring cleaning is complete. Feel free to place appropriate items at the cemetery without fear of them being removed by Town Employees.
- Transfer Station: Summer hours are in effect (Saturdays, 9:00am to 1:00pm and Wednesdays, 5:00pm to 7:00pm) outside the Town Garage
- The following activities are suspended until further notice.
- South Shore Senior Meal Program: every Tuesday from 2:00pm to 4:00pm at Bear Paw.
- Golden Shoes: Every Monday & Thursday from 10:00am to 11:00am at the gym
- 261 Fearless: Every Wednesday from 5:00pm to 6:00pm at the gym
- Dominos: Every other Wednesday in the meeting room from 1:00pm to 4:00pm next, Wednesday, October 10
- Pickle Ball: Every Thursday at the Gym from 3:00pm to 5:00pm (beginners @ 2:00pm)
- Coffee, Treats and Fellowship: every Thursday from 8:00am in the meeting room
- PLEASE Complete and return your census survey. The aggregated information from this is very important to the Town for such things as seeking grant funding, for economic development and the like.
- Gym lot: The Gym parking lot is now the preferred helicopter landing site. If parking your car and leaving the Gym area, please park your car on Wee Avenue.
- Gym Users: PLEASE change into gym shoes prior to using the gym. PLEASE put the equipment away after use. Recently there have been many mornings when the Town Officials have come in and found balls lying around on the floor or stage, and the pickle ball net has not been returned to its carrier. There is no employee available to pick up after your use. There is no fee for use of the gym. You are responsible for picking up after your use.
- Gym Users: Planning an Event in the Gym? Please let Tracy know so that she can have you complete the event form for use of the Gym. This applies to both residents and non-residents of Herbster.
- Gym Users: Please consult the Calendar to the right of the lobby doors as you face the gym. If persons or groups are signed up for any of the time that you wish to use the gym, PLEASE yield the gym to those users at the appointed hours without delay.
Reports: (Please see: Announcements, Reports & Notes)
- Town Planning Commission – No Meeting. Canceled April and May meetings
- Fire Department: Rebak report in packet, One Fire this month, having May meeting, Pumper into Darley .
- Ambulance: Stemwedel report. FAP is complete
- Campground: Closed at this time. Possible new camp host. ADA on hold for now.
- Playground: Closed at this time.
- Roads: Steele referred to the written report in the meeting packet.
- Boat Parking: Isaksson see notes.
- Transfer Station: Steele. See notes
- Cemetery: Rebak Crosses are done and ready to be put on grave sites.
- Gym. Steele. Closed at this time.
- Bark Bay Slough Task Force: See notes all information received and permits sent.
- Upkeep of Historic Gym including annual cleaning of kitchen:
- Recommend Actions regarding attracting tourists:
- Follow up to Resolution # 05-005 establishing the National Incident Management System as the Town of Clover standard for incident management. No Report
- Follow up to Resolution dated October 10, 2007 Agreement to participate in development of Multi-jurisdictional Comprehensive Plan. TBD.
- BUSINESS: Government:
- Discussion/Likely Action related to reappointment of Sheryl Isaksson to the Town Planning Commission for a two (2) year term ending April 30, 2022 to coincide with her current elected term on the Board—Steele
- Motion: by Steele/sRebak to appoint Sheryl Isaksson to TPC for 2 year term ending April 30, 2022. Carried Unanimous.
- Discussion/Perhaps Action related to the Annual Meeting Date—Steele
- Motion: by Steele/sIsaksson to have Annual Meeting June 16th 2020 at 7:00pm in the gym. Carried Unanimous.
- Discussion/Perhaps Action related to the State’s suggestion that municipalities reduce their budgets for 2020 by 5%–Steele. Gillespey, Steele, Isaksson to look into.
- Discussion/Perhaps Action related to: (see packets for letter sent on behalf of the Ashland Bayfield County tavern League)
- Motion: by Steele/sStemwedel to lower class B liquor to state minimum of $50.00 and waive the class B beer license fee and waive the operator licenses fee for the year 20/21. Carried Unanimous.
- Lowering the renewal of existing Class B liquor licenses to $50.00, the lowest amount allowed by state statute
- Waive the renewal fee for Class B Beer license
- Waive the renewal fee for existing operator’s licenses
- Herbster Volunteer Fire Department:
- Discussion/Perhaps Action related to Resolution 20200513-2 Amendment to Resolution #20131218-3 Move 2% Fire Dues Return to Savings—Rebak/Steele (See Packets for resolution and DSPS 2% Fire Dues uses) Defered
- Perhaps Discussion/Perhaps Action related to Resolution #20200513-3A, use of use of 2% Fire Dues money for expenses related to Herbster Volunteer Fire Department (HVFD)—Rebak/Steele Defered
- SSAA: Discussion/Likely Action related to Resolution 20200513-3B, use of FAP money for expenses related to South Shore Ambulance Association for 2019—Stemwedel/Steele (see Packet)
- Motion: by Steele/sIsaksson to adopt resolution 20200513-3B. Carried Unanimous.
- Budget Reconciliation Resolutions for 2019: (see Packets)
- Motion: by Steele/sStemwedel to adopt resolution 20201513-3C with correction carried unanimous.
- Motion: by Steele/sStemwedel to adopt resolution 20201513-3D carried unanimous.
- Motion: by Steele/sStemwedel to adopt resolution 20201513-3E carried unanimous.
- Motion: by Steele/sStemwedel to adopt resolution 20201513-3F with correction carried unanimous.
- Motion: by Steele/sStemwedel to adopt resolution 20201513-3G carried unanimous.
- Culture & Recreation:
- Boat Launch: Discussion/Likely Action related to Resolution #20200513-1, Amendment to Resolution #20200311-1, Creating a Standing Committee for addressing Issues related to the Bark Point boat Launch—Steele (see Packets and Note #2 below)
- Motion: by Steele/sStemwedel to adopt resolution 20200513-1
- Discussion/Likely Action related to Check-in Shelter—Smith
- Motion: Smith/sSteele to move building located at the transfer station on the hill to the campground to be used for a check-in pay station. Carried Unanimous.
- Discussion/Perhaps Action related to status of opening—Smith/Steele (see packets)
- If opening, related to status and if needed to:
- Restrooms disinfection
- Showers disinfection
- Trash Collection
- Fire Wood
- Host or management of grounds
Motion: by Steele/sIsaksson to open campground starting May 15th to self contained RV units only, at this time. 3-yes 2-no carried.
- RVs full hookup
- Motion: by Steele/sRebak to increase fee to $40.00
- Kings Hill and RV overflow partial Hookup
- To raise fee to $30.00
- To raise fee to $20.00. 4-yes 1- no Carried
- Shower for non-Campers
- Motion: by Steele/sStemwedel to keep fee of $5.00 if showers open.
- Discussion/Likely Action related to ADA Compliant Shower &/or Correcting the Connection to the SD Sewer Main
- Motion: by Steele/sIsaksson to correct the connection to SD this year. Carried Unanimous.
- Gymnasium: Discussion/Perhaps action related to processes and procedures resumption of gym activities. Looking into model procedures or policies.
- Future Agenda Items:
- Discussion/Perhaps Adoption related to: Ordinance Prohibiting Motorized Vehicles upon Beaches within the Township of Clover (Adopted March 9, 1988)
- Large Pavilion:
- Campsites around Large Pavilion
- Coverage Agreement follow-up
- Charging for non-transport calls
Motion to Adjourn By Consensus: 8:41 pm
Minutes prepared by the Town Clerk
Minutes are unofficial until approved by the Town of Clover Board.