Town of Clover – Minutes
Regular Board Meeting
May 12, 2021 7:00 pm
Called to order at 7:00 PM
Roll Call: Present: Steele, Gillespey, Isaksson, by phone Stemwedel, Smith, Fuller, Morelli, Also present Shirley Nelson, Cindy Lazorik, Lois Palmer, Patty Carpenter, Tim Nicoletti.
Minutes of April 14 Regular board meeting.
Treasurer’s Report for April.
Expenditures: Motion by Fuller/sSteele to approve Batch T-0512 Carried Unanimous.
Business: Discussion and action may occur on any of the following agenda items.
Permission to Bayfield County Senior Meals Listening Sessions to park on Bark Point Road near the Community Park pavilion on June 7, 2021
Motion by: Steele/sSmith to allow Bayfield county senior meals listening session to park on bark point rd. Carried Unanimous.
Opening playground as soon as the Town is cleared to do so
Motion by: Steele/sFuller to open playground immediately. Carried Unanimous.
Memorial Day observance at Town of Clover Cemetery.
Service to be May 31, 2021 at the Herbster Cemetery.
Reset roads inspection date
Motion by: Steele/sSmith to change road inspection to May 18 at 9:00am. Carried Unanimous.
Reconsider work on Park Avenue due to new findings and culvert price increase
Motion by: Steele/sFuller to delay Park Avenue culvert project at least a year. Carried Unanimous.
Consider Norvado service package upgrade at campground
Motion by: Isaksson/sFuller to increase WIFI to 100/100 at the campground to increase coverage for $20.00 monthly. Carried Unanimous.
Purchase of three-point hitch boom mower for roadside mowing
Motion by: Steele/sStemwedel to purchase the Used Diamond 3pt 16’ boom mower. Carried Unanimous.
Online reservations for campground
Motion by: Isaksson/sSmith to start reservations July 1 2021 for RV only. Carried 3yes 1 abstain
Safety issue at Park pavilion
Reports: (Please see: Announcements, Reports & Notes)
- Town Planning Commission – No meeting
- Fire Department: No report
- Ambulance: Stemwedel report.4 calls.
- Campground: Host coming July 1, Building in place for check-in, bathroom roof needs to be looked at.
- Boat Parking: Isaksson dredging is done, walkway is underway also.
- Transfer Station: Fuller Summer hours
- Cemetery: Fuller 8 plots sold.
- Gym. Fuller furnace leak
- Bark Bay Slough Steele bulletin box up with merchant information inside.
- Future agenda items: Public comment will be heard in this regard under the three-minute rule.
Motion to Adjourn by Steele/sFuller: 8:30pm
Minutes prepared by the Town Clerk
Minutes are unofficial until approved by the Town of Clover Board.
* Towns may adopt an alternative claims procedure ordinance under Wis. Stat. § 60.44(2) that provides an expedited process for paying all or select types of bills. This ordinance delegates primary approval authority to the clerk and allows signed checks to be distributed by the treasurer before being approved by the town board. Clerks then present a monthly list of paid claims to the town board for approval after the fact.