Town of Clover – Minutes
Regular Board Meeting March 11, 2020 7:00 pm
Minutes Called to order at 7:00 PM Roll Call: Present: Steele, Gillespey, Isaksson, Smith, Stemwedel by phone, Absent: Rebak, Morelli Also present Shirley Nelson, Dale Fuller, Lois Palmer. Public Comments: Minutes: Minutes of February Regular board meeting. Treasurer’s Report for February. Expenditures: Motion by Steele/sStemwedel to approve Batch T-0311 Carried Unanimous. Calendar:
– Elections at Polls: April 7, 2020. Polls open from 7:00am to 8:00pm in the Meeting Room of the Historic Gymnasium
– Transfer Station: Winter hours are in effect (Saturdays only, 9:00am to 1:00pm) outside the Town Garage
– South Shore Senior Meal Program: every Tuesday from 2:00pm to 4:00pm at Bear Paw.
– Golden Shoes: Every Monday & Thursday from 10:00am to 11:00am at the gym – 261 Fearless: Every Wednesday from 5:00pm to 6:00pm at the gym
– Dominoes: Every other Wednesday in the meeting room from 1:00pm to 4:00pm next, Wednesday, October 10
– Pickle Ball: Every Thursday at the Gym from 3:00pm to 5:00pm (beginners @ 2:00pm)
– Coffee, Treats and Fellowship: every Thursday from 9:00 am in the meeting room Announcements:
– PLEASE Complete and return your census survey. The aggregated information from this is very important to the Town for such things as seeking grant funding, for economic development and the like.
– Gym lot: The Gym parking lot is now the preferred helicopter landing site. If parking your car and leaving the Gym area, please park your car on Wee Avenue. – Gym Users: PLEASE change into gym shoes prior to using the gym.
PLEASE put the equipment away after use. Recently there have been many mornings when the Town Officials have come in and found balls lying around on the floor or stage, and the pickle ball net has not been returned to its carrier. There is no employee available to pick up after your use. There is no fee for use of the gym. You are responsible for picking up after your use.
– Gym Users: Planning an Event in the Gym? Please let Tracy know so that she can have you complete the event form for use of the Gym. This applies to both residents and non-residents of Herbster.
– Gym Users: Please consult the Calendar to the right of the lobby doors as you face the gym. If persons or groups are signed up for any of the time that you wish to use the gym, PLEASE yield the gym to those users at the appointed hours without delay. Reports: (Please see: Announcements, Reports & Notes)
– Town Planning Commission – No Meeting.
– Fire Department: Rebak report in packet, financials for the year.
– Ambulance: Stemwedel report. 3 calls total.
– Campground: Smith. look for new camp host
– Playground: Isaksson.
– Roads: Steele referred to the written report in the meeting packet.
– Boat Parking: Isaksson see notes.
– Transfer Station: Steele. See notes
– Cemetery: Rebak
– Gym. Steele.
– Bark Bay Slough Task Force: See notes all information received and permits sent.
o Large Pavilion—Rebak – Grants
o Upkeep of Historic Gym including annual cleaning of kitchen: TBD.
o Recommend Actions regarding attracting tourists: TBD.
o Follow up to Resolution # 05-005 establishing the National Incident Management System as the Town of Clover standard for incident management. No Report
o Follow up to Resolution dated October 10, 2007 Agreement to participate in development of Multi-jurisdictional Comprehensive Plan. TBD.
o o BUSINESS: Government: – Government: Discussion/Likely Action related to:
o the process for presenting at the Annual Meeting—Steele
o By Concensus to have oral or written reports at the meeting.
▪ Annual Meeting Date is Tuesday, April 21 at 7:00pm in the Town Hall (Historic Gymnasium)
- Written Reports due to Tracy Friday April 17.
- – Roads: Discussion/Likely Action related to:
o Road Review Date—Steele
o By Concensus: Tuesday June 23rd 9:00am
o Request for Gravel Bids—Steele to published right away and need to be in by Monday April 6th to be opened on April 8th.
– Campground: Discussion/Likely Action related to Lund ADA compliant restroom/shower plans—Smith (see packets) Deferred waiting on more information from Lund Engineering
– Boat Parking & Launch: Discussion/Likely Action related to:
o Standing Committee proposal for Boat Launch area—Isaksson (see Packets)
o Motion by: Steele/sStemwedel to adopt Resolution 20200311-1 Carried Unanimous.
o Temporary closure of Bark Point Boat Launch
o Motion by: Steele/sIsaksson to post closed signs at the boat launch. Carried Unanimous.
o Refunding 2020 already purchased Annual Parking Permits
o Motion by: Steele/sIsaksson to refund all annual boat parking permits received to date. Carried Unanimous.
– Future Agenda Items:
o Tents o Hill with electricity o Motor Homes including water
- Shower for Non-Campers o Discussion/Perhaps Adoption related to: Ordinance Prohibiting Motorized Vehicles upon Beaches within the Township of Clover (Adopted March 9, 1988)
- o Large Pavilion:
▪ Campsites around Large Pavilion
o SSAA ▪ Coverage Agreement follow-up
▪ Charging for non-transport calls Motion to Adjourn By Consensus: 7:44 pm Minutes prepared by the Town Clerk Minutes are unofficial until approved by the Town of Clover Board.