Town of Clover – Minutes
Regular Board Meeting
August 12, 2020 7:00 pm
Called to order at 7:00 PM
Roll Call: Present: Steele, Gillespey, Isaksson, Smith, Rebak, by Phone Morelli, Absent Stemwedel Also present Lois Palmer, Shirley Nelson, Dale Fuller.
Public Comments: None
Minutes of July Regular board meeting.
Treasurer’s Report for July.
Expenditures: Motion by Steele/sRebak to approve Batch T-0812 Carried Unanimous.
- Partisan Election: Today (day of posting), Tuesday August 11 from 7:00am to 8:00pm.
- Hazardous Waste:
- Today, August 11 at the Bayfield County Fairground in Iron River, 2:00am to 7:00 pm
- Wednesday, August 12 at the WITC Campus in Ashland from 2:00pm to 7:00pm
Transfer Station: Summer hours are in effect (Saturdays, 9:00am to 1:00pm and Wednesdays, 5:00pm to 7:00pm) outside the Town Garage
- The following activities are suspended until further notice.
- South Shore Senior Meal Program: every Tuesday from 2:00pm to 4:00pm at Bear Paw.
- Golden Shoes: Every Monday & Thursday from 10:00am to 11:00am at the gym
- 261 Fearless: Every Wednesday from 5:00pm to 6:00pm at the gym
- Dominos: Every other Wednesday in the meeting room from 1:00pm to 4:00pm next, Wednesday, October 10
- Pickle Ball: Every Thursday at the Gym from 3:00pm to 5:00pm (beginners @ 2:00pm)
- Coffee, Treats and Fellowship: every Thursday from 8:00am in the meeting room
- PLEASE Complete and return your census survey. The aggregated information from this is very important to the Town for such things as seeking grant funding, for economic development and the like.
- Gym lot: The Gym parking lot is now the preferred helicopter landing site. If parking your car and leaving the Gym area, please park your car on Wee Avenue.
- Gym Users: PLEASE change into gym shoes prior to using the gym. PLEASE put the equipment away after use. Recently there have been many mornings when the Town Officials have come in and found balls lying around on the floor or stage, and the pickle ball net has not been returned to its carrier. There is no employee available to pick up after your use. There is no fee for use of the gym. You are responsible for picking up after your use.
- Gym Users: Planning an Event in the Gym? Please let Tracy know so that she can have you complete the event form for use of the Gym. This applies to both residents and non-residents of Herbster.
- Gym Users: Please consult the Calendar to the right of the lobby doors as you face the gym. If persons or groups are signed up for any of the time that you wish to use the gym, PLEASE yield the gym to those users at the appointed hours without delay.
Reports: (Please see: Announcements, Reports & Notes)
- Town Planning Commission – No Meeting.
- Fire Department: Rebak report in packet, Chicken Feed July 18th successful 1 fire call, training on opening doors if no electricity.
- Ambulance: Stemwedel report.
- Campground: Closed at this time.
- Playground: Closed at this time. Roof on play equipment need painting.
- Roads: Steele referred to the written report in the meeting packet.
- Boat Parking: Isaksson see notes.Committee met at boat launch walked site, trenching not necessary, will wait till spring to determine any work to be done, will reconvene this winter to discuss recycling bins next to outhouse.
- Transfer Station: Steele. See notes
- Cemetery: Rebak
- Gym. Steele. Closed at this time.
- Bark Bay Slough Task Force: See notes all information received and permits sent.
- Upkeep of Historic Gym including annual cleaning of kitchen:
- Recommend Actions regarding attracting tourists:
- Follow up to Resolution # 05-005 establishing the National Incident Management System as the Town of Clover standard for incident management. No Report
- Follow up to Resolution dated October 10, 2007 Agreement to participate in development of Multi-jurisdictional Comprehensive Plan. TBD.
- BUSINESS: Government:
- Use of Town Garage during off hours by Sanitary District employees—Stemwedel/Steele
- Motion: by Steele/sSmith SD employees not to use town garage during off hours for personal use. Carried Unanimous.
- Insurance for coming year
- Motion: by Isaksson/sSteele to renew insurance for 2021 with rural mutual. Carried Unanimous
- Public Safety: Discussion related to purchase of a Power Load Stryker Stretcher for the Ambulance—Steele/Byerhof deferred to September meeting
- Culture & Recreation: Discussion/Possible Action related to a request money for a portion of the cost of the exterior maintenance of the gym—Fuller to get better estimated cost of cleaning and staining of outside of gym.
- Work to start sometime in September.
- Motion: by Steele/sIsaksson to use Buckskin color on gym. Carried Unanimous.
- Future Agenda Items:
- Discussion/Perhaps Adoption related to: Ordinance Prohibiting Motorized Vehicles upon Beaches within the Township of Clover (Adopted March 9, 1988)
- Large Pavilion:
- Campsites around Large Pavilion
- Coverage Agreement follow-up
- Charging for non-transport calls
Motion to Adjourn By Consensus: 7:48 pm
Minutes prepared by the Town Clerk
Minutes are unofficial until approved by the Town of Clover Board.