TOC Board Meeting Minutes, January 13, 2021
Town of Clover – Minutes
Regular Board Meeting
January 13, 2021 7:00 pm
Called to order at 7:00 PM
Roll Call: Present: Steele, Gillespey, Isaksson, Rebak, Stemwedel, by Phone Smith, Absent Morelli, Also present Dale Fuller, Shirley Nelson, Lois Palmer.
Minutes of December 9 Regular board meeting.
Minutes of December 23 Special board meeting.
Treasurer’s Report for December.
Expenditures: Motion by Steele/sStemwedel to approve Batch T-0113 Carried Unanimous.
- Transfer Station: Summer hours are in effect (Saturdays, 9:00am to 1:00pm) through May 1, then back to Summer hours (Saturdays only, 9:00am to 1:00pm and Wednesdays, 5:00pm to 7:00pm). TC COVID rules remain in effect, see the Town of Clover web site for specifics.
- The following activities are suspended until further notice.
- South Shore Senior Meal Program: every Tuesday from 2:00pm to 4:00pm at Bear Paw.
- Golden Shoes: Every Monday & Thursday from 10:00am to 11:00am at the gym
- 261 Fearless: Every Wednesday from 5:00pm to 6:00pm at the gym
- Dominoes: Every other Wednesday in the meeting room from 1:00pm to 4:00pm next, Wednesday, October 10
- Pickle Ball: Every Thursday at the Gym from 3:00pm to 5:00pm (beginners @ 2:00pm)
- Coffee, Treats and Fellowship: every Thursday from 8:00am in the meeting room
- Gym lot: The Gym parking lot is now the preferred helicopter landing site. If parking your car and leaving the Gym area, please park your car on Wee Avenue.
- Gym Users: PLEASE change into gym shoes prior to using the gym. PLEASE put the equipment away after use. Recently there have been many mornings when the Town Officials have come in and found balls lying around on the floor or stage, and the pickle ball net has not been returned to its carrier. There is no employee available to pick up after your use. There is no fee for use of the gym. You are responsible for picking up after your use.
- Gym Users: Planning an Event in the Gym? Please let Tracy know so that she can have you complete the event form for use of the Gym. This applies to both residents and non-residents of Herbster.
- Gym Users: Please consult the Calendar to the right of the lobby doors as you face the gym. If persons or groups are signed up for any of the time that you wish to use the gym, PLEASE yield the gym to those users at the appointed hours without delay.
Reports: (Please see: Announcements, Reports & Notes)
- Town Planning Commission – No meeting
- Fire Department: Rebak report. Election of officers held.
- Ambulance: Stemwedel report. Annual report from director in packets
- Campground: Smith. Sent out another Host application. Picnic table maintenance going to be done.
- Playground: Isaksson. Closed at this time.
- Roads: Steele referred to the written report in the meeting packet.
- Boat Parking: Isaksson see notes. No meeting
- Transfer Station: Steele. See notes
- Cemetery: Rebak
- Gym. Steele. Closed at this time.
- Bark Bay Slough Task Force: See notes all information received and permits sent.
- Upkeep of Historic Gym including annual cleaning of kitchen: TBD.
- Recommend Actions regarding attracting tourists: TBD.
- Follow up to Resolution # 05-005 establishing the National Incident Management System as the Town of Clover standard for incident management. No Report
- Follow up to Resolution dated October 10, 2007 Agreement to participate in development of Multi-jurisdictional Comprehensive Plan. TBD.
- BUSINESS: Government:
- General Government:
- Discussion/Possible Action related to Office for the Sanitary District—Stemwedel No action needed.
- Discussion/Likely Action related to appoint Erin Hutchinson as Town of Clover representative to the Scenic Byway Council
- Motion: by Steele/sStemwedel to appoint Erin Hutchinson as TOC representative for the Scenic Byway Council effective immediately. Carried Unanimous.
- Discussion/Likely Action related to Town Lawyer—Steele Jack to do research on finding a town attorney.
- Public Safety:
- Discussion/Perhaps Action related to SSAA charging for non-transport calls Jeff was unavailable will defer until later date.
- Discussion Only related to a possible Emergency Ordinance to include coordination with the Red Cross and FEMA Sheryl will look into further.
- Education and Recreation:
- Discussion/Perhaps Action related to issues regarding November 11 agenda item: Reimbursement to the Herbster Community club of designated funds donated to the Town of Clover for construction of the Town Park pavilion and not used for that purpose—Steele report No action at this time.
- Discussion/Possible Action related to:
- HCC purchase of unique picnic tables for use only in the large pavilion at the Town Park/Campground—Fuller HCC looking to purchase new picnic and would like that they try and remain in the pavilion area only. Asking for host to be informed of wishes.
- Dedication of sign for the large pavilion at the Town Park/Campground—Fuller
- HCC looking to have possible Welcome/ dedication sign discussed size, placement nothing definite until HCC meeting happens.
- Future Agenda Items:
- Discussion/Perhaps Adoption related to: Ordinance Prohibiting Motorized Vehicles upon Beaches within the Township of Clover (Adopted March 9, 1988)
- Large Pavilion:
- Campsites around Large Pavilion
- Coverage Agreement follow-up
- Charging for non-transport calls
- Research Ordinance for hunting on the beach.
Motion to Adjourn By Consensus: 7:53pm
Minutes prepared by the Town Clerk
Minutes are unofficial until approved by the Town of Clover Board.