Town of Clover – Minutes
Regular Board Meeting
February 10, 2021 7:00 pm
Called to order at 7:00 PM
Roll Call: Present: Steele, Gillespey, Isaksson, Rebak, Stemwedel, Smith, Morelli, Also present Mark Pope, Lois Palmer, Guy McGuirer.
Minutes of January Regular board meeting.
Treasurer’s Report for January.
Expenditures: Motion by Steele/sStemwedel to approve Batch T-0210 Carried Unanimous.
- Primary Election: February 16, 2021 from 7:00am to 8:00pm. Select State Superintendent of Schools. Place: Town Hall (gymnasium)
- Transfer Station: Summer hours are in effect (Saturdays, 9:00am to 1:00pm) through May 1, then back to Summer hours (Saturdays only, 9:00am to 1:00pm and Wednesdays, 5:00pm to 7:00pm). TC COVID rules remain in effect, see the Town of Clover web site for specifics.
- The following activities are suspended until further notice.
- South Shore Senior Meal Program: every Tuesday from 2:00pm to 4:00pm at Bear Paw.
- Golden Shoes: Every Monday & Thursday from 10:00am to 11:00am at the gym
- 261 Fearless: Every Wednesday from 5:00pm to 6:00pm at the gym
- Dominoes: Every other Wednesday in the meeting room from 1:00pm to 4:00pm next, Wednesday, October 10
- Pickle Ball: Every Thursday at the Gym from 3:00pm to 5:00pm (beginners @ 2:00pm)
- Coffee, Treats and Fellowship: every Thursday from 8:00am in the meeting room
- WTA Meeting Attendance: 2021 Virtual Live & at your convenience not live=$30 registration fee (Elected Officials, and Fire & EMS Personnel invited to attend). Let Tracy know by Thursday, March 4 if you wish to attend and she can get you registered. First (1st) live meeting Friday, March 12 from 9:00am to noon, 2nd portion, Saturday, March 13, 9:00amto noon; Repeat live Monday March 22 and Tuesday March 23 from 1:00pm-4:00pm. Else not live at your convenience any time after. Patti is interested.
- Gym lot: The Gym parking lot is now the preferred helicopter landing site. If parking your car and leaving the Gym area, please park your car on Wee Avenue.
- Gym Users: PLEASE change into gym shoes prior to using the gym. PLEASE put the equipment away after use. Recently there have been many mornings when the Town Officials have come in and found balls lying around on the floor or stage, and the pickle ball net has not been returned to its carrier. There is no employee available to pick up after your use. There is no fee for use of the gym. You are responsible for picking up after your use.
- Gym Users: Planning an Event in the Gym? Please let Tracy know so that she can have you complete the event form for use of the Gym. This applies to both residents and non-residents of Herbster.
- Gym Users: Please consult the Calendar to the right of the lobby doors as you face the gym. If persons or groups are signed up for any of the time that you wish to use the gym, PLEASE yield the gym to those users at the appointed hours without delay.
Reports: (Please see: Announcements, Reports & Notes)
- Town Planning Commission – No meeting
- Fire Department: Rebak report. New officers getting organized for position transfers.
- Ambulance: Stemwedel report. All new equipment is here and training being done for them.
- Campground: Sent out another Host application.
- Playground: Closed at this time.
- Roads: Steele referred to the written report in the meeting packet.
- Boat Parking: Isaksson see notes. Feb 4th meeting presented walkway plan would like to start as soon as possible. Special board meeting Wednesday Feb. 17th at 5:00pm suggested.
- Transfer Station: Steele. See notes
- Cemetery: Rebak data base on west side is complete.
- Gym. Steele. Closed at this time.
- Bark Bay Slough Task Force: See notes all information received and permits sent.
- Upkeep of Historic Gym including annual cleaning of kitchen:
- Recommend Actions regarding attracting tourists:
- Follow up to Resolution # 05-005 establishing the National Incident Management System as the Town of Clover standard for incident management. No Report
- Follow up to Resolution dated October 10, 2007 Agreement to participate in development of Multi-jurisdictional Comprehensive Plan. TBD.
- BUSINESS: Government:
- General Government: Discussion/Likely Action related to Town Lawyer—Steele
- Defer to special meeting Feb 17th.
- Fees: Discussion/Perhaps Action related to:
- Transfer Station defer at this time.
- Boat Parking remain the same for 2021.
- Campers defer until later date.
- Hill with electricity
- Motor Homes including water
- Citation: Discussion/Likely Action related to Transient Merchant remain the same
- Campers defer until later date.
- Culture, Recreation & Education: Discussion/Possible Action(s) issues surrounding Town Park/Campground Camping for 2021 camping season No action at this time.
- Future Agenda Items:
- Public Safety:
- Discussion Only related to a possible Emergency Ordinance to include coordination with the Red Cross and FEMA
- Revise the Emergency Operations plan, updating persons in the call schedule and their contact information (May 2021)
- Discussion/Perhaps Adoption related to: Ordinance Prohibiting Motorized Vehicles upon Beaches within the Township of Clover (Adopted March 9, 1988)
- Town Park/Campground: Discussion/Perhaps Action related to Pavilion:
- HCC purchase of unique picnic tables for use only in the large pavilion at the Town Park/Campground
- Dedication of sign for the large pavilion at the Town Park/Campground
- issues regarding November 11 agenda item: Reimbursement to the Herbster Community club of designated funds donated to the Tow of Clover for construction of the Town Park pavilion and not used for that purpose—awaiting selection of different Town Attorney
- Large Pavilion:
- Campsites around Large Pavilion
- Coverage Agreement follow-up
- Charging for non-transport calls
- Research Ordinance for hunting on the beach.
- Large Pavilion:
Motion to Adjourn By Consensus: 8:19pm
Minutes prepared by the Town Clerk
Minutes are unofficial until approved by the Town of Clover Board.