Town of Clover – Meeting Notice
May 10 at 7:00 pm in the Meeting Room of the Town of Clover Town Hall/Historic Gymnasium.
NOTE: feel free to come into the Meeting Room any time, the door may be closed to conserve heat.
The public is invited to attend, you may walk in at any time even though the door is closed—for heat conservation–, you will need to sign for the record.. There will be a comment time when anyone may speak on any item of concern. These remarks will be limited to 3 minutes. You will not be limited to a three (3) minute time if responding to a particular agenda item during the discussion regarding that item. Should it seem the point of your speaking is not evident, you may be asked to clarify what your purpose is. Should it seem to the Chair that the same points are being repeated without additional information; the Chair will interrupt and list the points that have been heard to check that our hearing is accurate and ask if there are further points to be made.
Call to order:
NOTE: The Regular Town of Clover Meeting will be adjourned at or about 8:00 pm. The Chair may reorder the agenda to accommodate the time limit.
Public Comment: 3 minute limit.
Acceptance of Minutes: (see packets)
- April 11
- April 25
Treasurer’s Report for:
Expenditures: Motion to approve the expenditure Batch
- Transfer Station: Summer Hours, started May 3 are Saturdays, 9:00 am to 1:00 pm & Wednesdays, 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm.
- Cemetery Spring Cleaning Done, New Memorial Items can now be placed.
- BOR Meeting—Required to be at 4:30 pm Wednesday, May 31 in the Meeting Room of the Town Hall/Historic Gymnasium
- The Cemetery is now cleaned and ready to receive items that are commemorating the lives of those departed.
- Gym Users: PLEASE change into gym shoes prior to using the gym. PLEASE put the equipment away after use. There have been some mornings when the Town Officials have come in and found balls lying around on the floor or stage, and the pickle ball net has not been returned to its carrier. There is no employee available to pick up after your use. There is no fee for use of the gym. You are responsible for picking up after your use.
Reports: (Please see Reports below this agenda for anything further regarding the Reports).
- Town Planning Commission: Koenning (see packets)
- Fire Department:
- Ambulance: (see packets)
- Campground: Smith
- Play Ground: Rebak
- Roads: Steele
- Boat Parking: Pope
- Transfer Station: Steele
- Cemetery: Rebak
- Gym: Steele
- Bark Bay Slough: Pope
- Reports re: Communications from citizens of Town with Elected Officials
- Discussion/Likely Action related to Recommendation to the Zoning Committee regarding a Petition for Zoning District Map Amendment for a parcel with Tax ID 35671 on Touve Road to change Zoning from A-1 to R-RB by Frank and Brenda Draft, agent Courtney Bryant, for a future campground/resort–Steele
- Discussion/Likely Action related to Resolution #20230510-1—Resolution Regarding Rezoning for the Development of a Private Campground in A-1 Zone—Steele
- Discussion/Likely Action related to Transient Merchant Permits–Steele
- Lost Creek Adventures
- Trek and Trail
- Wilderness Inquiry
- Pictured Rock
- Discussion/Possible Action related to Resolution #20230510-2—Regarding Incorporation of Online Meeting Capabilities—Felt
- Discussion/Likely Action related to reappointment of Pete Burton to the TPC for a three-year term—Steele
- Replacement for Steele: ? Board Member for 2-year term
- Education, Culture and Recreation:
- Discussion/Likely Action related to Financing of Campground ADA Compliant Restroom and Shower Buildings ($225,000)—see packet
- Discussion/Likely Action related to reappointments and replacement to the Friends of the Boat Landing Standing Committee:
- Stan Samuels—Three-year term expiring April 2026
- Jim Reha– Three-year term expiring April 2026
- Suggestions for Isaksson replacement
- Public Safety: HVFD
- Discussion/Possible Action related to Financing of remainder of PPE (likely $25,000)
- Public Works:
- Discussion/Likely Action related to addition to Employee Handbook p. 4—see packet—Steele
- Discussion/Likely Action related to Policy #20230510-1 – Smoking Policy–Pope
Future Agenda Items:
- Motion to Adjourn
Agenda prepared by the Town Chair
Notice and agenda posted by the Clerk on or before 7:00 PM Tuesday, May 9, 2023. Posting is at the Town Hall, Post Office and Town Website. Notice and agenda are also distributed via email.
The Town Hall is accessible to those persons with physical disabilities. For assistance please contact the Town Office at 715-774-3780.