Town of Clover – Meeting Notice
August 9 at 7:00 pm in the Meeting Room of the Town of Clover Town Hall/Historic Gymnasium.
Notice statue 19.84 (3)
Closed session 19.85 (1) (C).
NOTE: feel free to come into the Meeting Room any time, the door may be closed to conserve heat.
The public is invited to attend, you may walk at any time even though the door is closed—for heat conservation–, you will need to sign for the record, but there is no requirement to sign in separately if you wish to speak during the Public Comment Periods. You may comment on anything that is not on the agenda during the General “Public Comments”. You may comment on any specific Agenda Item prior to the Commissioners discussion. All comments by a specific person will be limited to three (3) minutes.
Call to order:
Pledge of Allegiance:
NOTE: The Regular Town of Clover Meeting will be adjourned at or about 8:00 pm. The Chair may reorder the agenda to accommodate the time limit.
- Public Hearing for 2023-2043 Comprehensive Plan, Wednesday, August 16, at 7:00pm in the Meeting Room of the Town Hall/Historic Gymnasium followed immediately by a Special Board Meeting related to 2023-2043 Comprehensive Plan
- Residential Hazardous, Prescription & Electronic Waste Collection, September 23rd, 2023, Great Lakes Visitors Center
Reports: (Please see Reports below this agenda for information and order of Reports).
General Public Comment:
Review Minutes for additions, deletions &/or corrections: (see packets)
- July 12
Treasurer’s Report for:
Expenditures: Motion to approve the expenditure Batch
BUSINESS: (NOTE: Public Comments specific to any Main Heading, i.e. Government, Public Works etc of the agenda will be taken prior to that agenda section, these will be limited to 3 minutes per speaker. Following this, the discussion will be limited to Elected Officials, unless an Elected Official requests specific information from a member of the Public)
- Government: Public Comment regarding any of the items in this section
- Discussion/Likely Action related to Kristin Mintzlaff as Deputy Clerk for Tracy Gillespey–Gillespey
- Discussion/Likely Action related to renewal of Insurance through Rural Mutual Insurance Company—Steele (see Note #1 below and packet)
- Discussion/Likely Action related to Resolution 20230809-1, Reduce St. Hwy. Speed to 35 mph, add both Crosswalk & Blinking Yellow Lights—Steele/Smith (please see packets)
- Discussion/Possible Action related to Resolution 20230809-2 Use of County Highways for ATV/UTV Traffic—Steele (see Note #2 below and packet)
- Discussion/Perhaps Action related to the establishment of Committees:–Felt
- Bark Point and Cemetery Road improvement
- Creation of South Shore Fire District
- In-Line Meeting related things, like procedures, equipment and the like and Social Media recommendations
- UTV/ATV/Snowmobile use of Town Roads (currently all town roads are open to UTV/ATV/Snowmobile use
- Discussion/Likely Action related to Class A Special Use Permit for grading more than 200 square feet within 1,000 feet of Lake Superior for a driveway and turnaround at 89045 Bark Point Road for Joshua and Crista Watson
- Discussion/Likely Action related to Class A Special Use Permit for one short-term rental in R-RB at:
- 89165 Bark Point Road by Scott and Christiana McLewin
- 89340 Bark Point Road by Jeremy Downs
- Public Safety: Public Comment regarding this items in this section
- Discussion/Likely Resolution 20230809-3 related to date Herbster Volunteer Fire Department was created—Felt (see Note #3 below and packet)
- Public Works: Public Comment regarding any of the items in this section
- Discussion/Possible Action related to Driveway Snow Plowing and perhaps action related to rates—Steele
- Discussion/Likely Action related to Ordinance #20230809-1 Amendment regarding Stockpiling Wood Products to Ordinance #20170510-1, Use of Culverts and Maintenance of Ditches (replaces Ordinance dated 12/07/79 (please see packet)
- Motion to Adjourn into Closed Session
- Motion to Reconvene into Open Session
- Future Agenda Items:
- Discussion/Likely Action: related to property owners of TOC obtaining water from Campground for personal use
- Discussion/Likely Action regarding requirements virtual government meetings, after trial when an elected official is not available locally for a Board Meeting
- Discussion/Possible Action: related to Bark Point Road Repair from Hesse Road northeast to the west driveway of the Boman property.
- Discussion/Likely Action related to Ordinance #XXXXXX, Property Owner application of Calcium Chloride to roadway adjacent to or transiting through the property.
- Motion to Adjourn
Agenda prepared by the Town Chair. Notice and agenda posted by the Clerk on or before 7:00 PM Tuesday, August 8, 2023. Posting is at the Town Hall, Post Office and Town Website. Notice and agenda are also distributed via email.
The Town Hall is accessible to those persons with physical disabilities. For assistance, please contact the Town Office at 715-774-3780.