Town of Clover – Meeting Notice Board Meeting ~ October 9, 2019 at 7:00 pm in the Meeting Room of the Town of Clover Town Hall (The Gym).
NOTE: feel free to come in to the Meeting Room any time, the door may be closed to conserve heat.
The public is invited to attend, you may walk at any time even though the door is closed—for heat conservation–, you will need to sign for the record, but there is no requirement to sign in separately if you wish to speak to any item. You will be limited to three (3) minutes during Public
Comment. You will not be limited to a three (3) minute time if responding to a particular agenda item during the discussion regarding that item. Should it seem the point of your speaking is not evident, you may be asked to clarify what your purpose is. Should it seem to the Chair that the same points are being repeated without additional information; the Chair will interrupt and list the points that have been heard to check that our hearing is accurate and asked if there are further points to be made.
NOTE: The packets will be available to the public 1/2 hour prior to the meeting (that is 6:30pm).
Call to order: Roll Call:
NOTE: The Regular Town of Clover Meeting will be adjourned at 8:00 pm unless there is a motion to extend the meeting some stated amount by 8:00 pm. The Chair may reorder the agenda to accommodate the time limit. Public Comment:
Review of Minutes with any corrections: (see packets)
– September 11
Treasurer’s Report for:
Expenditures: Motion to approve the expenditure Batch
– Public Hearing & Special Town Meeting of Electors to set the Levy November 2 from 10:00am in the
– Transfer Station: Winter hours are in effect (Saturdays only, 9:00am to 1:00pm) outside the Town Garage
– South Shore Senior Meal Program: every Tuesday from 2:00pm to 4:00pm at Bear Paw.
– Golden Shoes: Every Monday & Thursday from 10:00am to 11:00am at the gym
– 261 Fearless: Every Wednesday from 5:00pm to 6:00pm at the gym
– Dominos: Every other Wednesday in the meeting room from 1:00pm to 4:00pm next, Wednesday, October 16
– Pickle Ball: Every Thursday at the Gym or Corny Tennis Courts from 3:00pm to 5:00pm (beginners @
Announcements: (Please see Announcements below the agenda for further Announcements)
– Remove all placed items from the Cemetery by November 3, the winter cleaning will be the 1st week of
– Boom Mowing of the ditches is coming anytime in the next couple of months. This is the mower with a
long arm that reaches the full depth and width of the ditch. All shrubs and trees will be mowed. This is to keep the ditches functioning to remove the water from harming the roadbeds. The water is not moving away from most roadbeds at the present time. Please remove all personal items from the ditches. The boom mower will likely harm them if they remain.
– Gym lot: The Gym parking lot is the preferred helicopter landing site. If parking your car and leaving the
Gym area, please park your car on Wee Avenue.
– Gym Users: PLEASE change into gym shoes prior to using the gym. PLEASE put the equipment away
after use. Assure ALL faucets are turned off. There have been some mornings when the Town Officials have come in and found balls lying around on the floor or stage, and the pickle ball net has not been returned to its carrier. There is no employee available to pick up after your use. There is no fee for use of the gym. You are responsible for picking up after your use.
Reports: (Please see Reports below this agenda for anything further regarding the Reports).
– Town Planning Commission: No Meeting secondary to lack of quorum–Koenning
– Fire Department: Rebak (see packets)
– Ambulance: Stemwedel (see packets)
– Town Park/Campground including ADA Compliant restroom & shower update (see agenda item related to contract): Smith
– Play Ground: Isaksson
– Roads including BPR & Park Ave Updates: Steele
– Boat Parking: Isaksson
– Transfer Station: Steele (see announcement above)
– Cemetery: Rebak
– Gym: Steele
– Bark Bay Slough: Steele
– WTA Meeting in Cable re: Public Comments–Steele
– Task Forces:
o Large Pavilion–Rebak
o Ordinance Review: Ongoing–Steele
o Upkeep of Historic Gym kitchen, likely annual cleaning: TBD
o Recommend Actions regarding attracting tourists: TBD
o Discussion/Likely Action: related to Caucus Date: (must be not later than January 21 and not earlier than January 1)
o Discussion/Possible Action (s): related to issues regarding Public Comments and Agendas– Steele
– SSAA: Discussion/Likely Action: related to the Board selecting a Director (Select from candidates)—
– Parks and Recreation:
o Discussion Likely Action: related to opening the bids for Campground firewood.
o Discussion/Likely Action: related to the Large Pavilion–Rebak
– Future Agenda Items:
o Large Pavilion:
|§||Campsites around Large Pavilion|
Coverage Agreement follow-up
|§||Charging for non-transport calls|
– Motion to Adjourn
Agenda prepared by the Town Chair
Notice and agenda posted by the Clerk on or before 7:00 PM Tuesday, October 8, 2019. Posting is at the Town Hall, Fire Hall and Post Office. Notice and agenda are also distributed via email. Other Announcements and Reports to follow.
The Town Hall is accessible to those persons with physical disabilities. For assistance please contact the Town Office at 715-774-3780.