Town of Clover – Minutes ~ Regular Board Meeting ~ October 9, 2019 7:00 pm
October 2019 Board Meeting Minutes (print version)
Called to order at 7:00 PM
Roll Call: Present: Steele, Gillespey, Isaksson, Stemwedel, Rebak, Absent Smith, Morelli Also present Dale Fuller, Shirley Nelson, Pete Burton, Elizabeth Stevens, Lois Palmer.
Minutes of September 11 Regular board meeting.
Special board meeting.
Treasurer’s Report for August
Expenditures: Motion by Steele/sStemwedel to approve Batch T-1009-1 Carried Unanimous.
– Public Hearing & Special Town Meeting of Electors to set the Levy November 2 from 10:00am in the Town Hall
– Transfer Station: Winter hours are in effect (Saturdays only, 9:00am to 1:00pm) outside the Town Garage
– South Shore Senior Meal Program: every Tuesday from 2:00pm to 4:00pm at Bear Paw.
– Golden Shoes: Every Monday & Thursday from 10:00am to 11:00am at the gym
– 261 Fearless: Every Wednesday from 5:00pm to 6:00pm at the gym
– Dominos: Every other Wednesday in the meeting room from 1:00pm to 4:00pm next, Wednesday, October 10
– Pickle Ball: Every Thursday at the Gym from 3:00pm to 5:00pm (beginners @ 2:00pm)
– Remove all placed items from the Cemetery by November 3, the winter cleaning will be the 1st week of November
– Boom Mowing of the ditches is coming anytime in the next couple of months. This is the mower with a long arm that reaches the full depth and width of the ditch. All shrubs and trees will be mowed. This is to keep the ditches functioning to remove the water from harming the roadbeds. The water is not moving away from most roadbeds at the present time. Please remove all personal items from the ditches. The boom mower will likely harm them if they remain.
– Gym lot: The Gym parking lot is now the preferred helicopter landing site. If parking your car and leaving the Gym area, please park your car on Wee Avenue.
– Gym Users: PLEASE change into gym shoes prior to using the gym. PLEASE put the equipment away after use. Recently there have been many mornings when the Town Officials have come in and found balls lying around on the floor or stage, and the pickle ball net has not been returned to its carrier. There is no employee available to pick up after your use. There is no fee for use of the gym. You are responsible for picking up after your use.
Reports: (Please see: Announcements, Reports & Notes)
– Town Planning Commission – No meeting
– Fire Department: Rebak. Fall Training October 3 towns
– Ambulance: Stemwedel report. 4 calls.
– Campground: Smith
– Playground: Isaksson.
– Roads: Steele referred to the written report in the meeting packet.
– Boat Parking: Isaksson see notes.
– Transfer Station: Steele. See notes Summer hours in effect.
– Cemetery: Rebak
– Gym. Steele. Chinking is done and Gibson is paid.
– Bark Bay Slough Task Force: See notes all information received and permits sent.
o Large Pavilion—Rebak
o Ordinance Review: ongoing—Steele
o Upkeep of Historic Gym including annual cleaning of kitchen: TBD.
o Recommend Actions regarding attracting tourists: TBD.
o Follow up to Resolution # 05-005 establishing the National Incident Management System as the Town of Clover standard for incident management. No Report
o Follow up to Resolution dated October 10, 2007 Agreement to participate in development of Multi-jurisdictional Comprehensive Plan. TBD.
o Discussion/Likely Action: related to Caucus Date: (must be not later than January 21 and not earlier than January 1) January 11th 10:00 am
o Discussion/Possible Action (s): related to issues regarding Public Comments and Agendas–Steele
o By consensus to leave as is, quarterly on the agenda.
– SSAA: Discussion/Likely Action: related to the Board selecting a Director (Select from candidates)—Steele All ready have plan.
– Parks and Recreation:
o Discussion Likely Action: related to opening the bids for Campground firewood. Deffered to November.
o Discussion/Likely Action: related to the Large Pavilion–Rebak discussion is to send back to task force for a pavilion plan and cost.
– Future Agenda Items:
o Large Pavilion:
. Campsites around Large Pavilion
. Coverage Agreement follow-up
. Position Descriptions
. Charging for non-transport calls
Motion to Adjourn By Consensus: 8:06 pm
Minutes prepared by the Town Clerk
Minutes are unofficial until approved by the Town of Clover Board.