Town of Clover – Special Board Meeting Notice
A Special Board Meeting is being called for August 3, 2021, immediately following the Special Town
Meeting of the electors in the Town of Clover Town Hall (gym)
Call to order
Discussion and possible action related to weight restrictions on Lenawee Road with Ordinance#20210803-1 submitted for consideration for adoption.
Agenda prepared by the Town Chair
Notice and agenda posted by the Clerk on or before 7pm on August 2. Posting is at the Town Hall, Post Office and the Town’s website. Also distributed via email.
The Town Hall is accessible to those persons with physical disabilities. For assistance please contact the Town Office at 715-
348.16 Weight limitations on class “B” highways.
(1) In this section, “class `B’ highway” includes those county trunk highways, town highways and city and village streets, or portions thereof, which have been designated as class “B” highways by the local authorities pursuant to s. 349.15.
(2) Except as provided in sub. (3) and s. 348.175 and subject to any modifications made by a city of the first class pursuant to s. 349.15 (3), no person, without a permit therefor, shall operate on a class “B” highway any vehicle or combination of vehicles imposing wheel, axle, group of axles, or gross weight on the highway exceeding 60 percent of the weights authorized in s. 348.15 (3). This subsection does not apply to an implement of husbandry or agricultural commercial motor vehicle being operated or transported, or to a 2-vehicle combination transporting an implement of husbandry or agricultural commercial motor vehicle, as described in s. 348.15 (9) (c), (cm), (e), or (f) 1. or 1m.
(a) Any motor vehicle whose operation is pickup or delivery, including operation for the purpose of moving or delivering supplies or commodities to or from any place of business or residence that has an entrance on a class “B” highway, may pick up or deliver on a class “B” highway without complying with the gross vehicle weight limitations imposed by sub. (2).
(b) Subsection (2) does not apply to a vehicle operated by or at the direction of a public utility, as defined in s. 196.01 (5), a telecommunications provider, as defined in s. 196.01 (8p), or a cooperative association organized under ch. 185 for the purpose of producing or furnishing heat, light, power, or water to its members, that is being operated for the purpose of responding to a service interruption.
(d) Subsection (2) does not apply to a motor vehicle that is being operated to deliver propane for heating purposes if the gross weight imposed on the highway by the vehicle does not exceed 30,000 pounds, for a vehicle with a single rear axle, or 40,000 pounds, for a vehicle with tandem rear axles, and, if the motor vehicle is a tank vehicle, the tank is loaded to no more than 50 percent of the capacity of the tank. A tank vehicle operated under this paragraph shall be equipped with a gauge on the tank that shows the amount of propane in the tank as a percent of the capacity of the tank and shall carry documentation of the capacity of the tank either on the cargo tank or in the cab of the vehicle.
Town of Clover
Ordinance #20210803-1, Ordinance to Designate a Class “B” Highway
The Town Board of the Town of Clover, Bayfield County, Wisconsin, has the specific authority under §349.15, Wis. Stats., to adopt this Ordinance.
This Ordinance, adopted by a majority of the Town Board on a roll call vote with a quorum present and voting and proper notice having been given, designates a Town Highway, as a class “B” highway in the Town as follows:
- The following Town Highway in the Town of Clover is designated a class “B” highway subject to the weight limits set forth in §348., Wis. Stats., unless increased by Town Ordinance:
- Lenawee Road between State Highway 13 and Seven Mile Road.
- The Town Chairperson or one of the Highway and General Maintenance Operators of the Town of Clover shall place appropriate traffic signs on the above described highway on or before the effective date of this Ordinance.
- No person may operate any vehicle on the above-noted highway in violation of the weight limits set forth in §348.16, Wis. Stats. Upon conviction for a violation of this Ordinance, the violator shall pay a forfeiture not to exceed $200, plus the applicable surcharges, assessments, and costs for each violation. Each trip in violation of this Ordinance constitutes a separate offense. In addition, the Town Board may seek injunctive relief from a court of record to enjoin further violations.
This Ordinance is effective __________. The Town Clerk shall properly publish and post this Ordinance as required under §60.80, Wis. Stats.
Adopted this ___ day of _____, 2021.
_________________________ ______ ______________________ _______
Dale Fuller, Chairperson Date Sheryl Isaksson, Supervisor Date
_______________________ _______ _____________________ ________
Beverly Steele, Supervisor Date Jack Smith, Supervisor Date
Patti Stemwedel, Supervisor Date
Attest: _____________________________ _______________
Tracy Gillespey, Clerk Date
TC Ordinance #20210803-1 Class B Designation