Town of Clover Sanitary District– Meeting Notice
Wednesday, December 13, 2023 to follow immediately after the Town Board Meeting, likely by 8:00 PM or later in the Meeting Room of the Town Hall/Historic Gymnasium.
The public is invited to attend, you may walk at any time even though the door is closed—for heat conservation–, you will need to sign for the record, but there is no requirement to sign in separately if you wish to speak during the Public Comment Periods. You may comment on anything that is not on the agenda during the General “Public Comments”. You may comment on any specific Agenda Item prior to the Commissioners discussion. All comments by a specific person will be limited to three (3) minutes.
Call to Order:
Minutes of: (see Packets)
Treasurer’s Reports: (see Packets)
Expenditures: Motion to approve batch S-1213
Reports: See below for Reports
Business: (NOTE: Public Comments specific to any agenda item will be taken prior to the particular agenda item, these will be limited to 3 minutes per speaker. Following this, the discussion will be limited to Elected Officials, unless an Elected Official requests specific information from a member of the Public)
- Discussion/Likely Action re: to the Proposed 2024 Budget—Steele (see Packets)
- Discussion/Likely Action re: to the Proposed CMOM Goals for 2024–Steele (see Packets)
- Discussion/Likely Action re: Hauler Dumping Permit Requests for 2024 for:
- Birch Street Excavation and Septic Services
- #2 Septic Pumping & Excavating
Any Further Agenda Items for Next Month or Later:
- Discussion/Likely Action related to Appendix A—Steele
- Motion to adjourn
Agenda prepared by the Commission President.
Notice and agenda posted by the Clerk on or before 7:00 PM Tuesday, December 13, 2023. Posting is at the Town Hall, Post Office and Town Website. Distributed e-mail group also.
The Town Hall is accessible to those persons with physical disabilities. For assistance, please contact the Town Office at 715-774-3780.
- All the Lift Stations are due for a power wash this year & video of the entire system was due last year. This was discussed with the Duluth vacuum company and they suggested that next year we schedule the video by them. They have the capability of making a detailed map of the mains plus the laterals with GIS maps of depths and locations of all hook-ups to the main. This information would be very helpful for any future hookups and also for any repairs of laterals with mains, as the exact location of the problem would be known so that no probing for location would be needed
- There was a clogged lateral requiring repair at the connection from the lateral with the Main. There was some suggestion that this issue resulted in clogging of two different laterals. These problems were pursued including with the Operator-In Chief, the President of the district and a Civil Engineer who is also a Licensed Plumber specializing in Sanitary District plumbing. Steele will report further on the findings and recommendations.
- All the usual monthly inspection, testing and reports were completed
- Robust Preventive Maintenance Program:
- Steele met with the Operator-in-Chief and reviewed the 2023 goals with an eye to what was done and what needs to be completed in 2024. Also, reviewed in detail were the various charts, what were completed and what was needed. This information is integrated into the Proposed 2024 CMOM Goals (see packets), and the various charts were modified as needed.
- DNR 2024-2029 WPDES is in the 30day comment period. The final version of the WPDES should be received by us on or before December 31, 2023. Once received, there will be a need to review the Robust Preventive Maintenance Program to see if any modifications are needed as the document went from 5 pages to ~17 pages (Steele & Pope will do)
- Raw Lab Reports: within normal limits
- Dump Station Reports:
- Birch Street:
- October Actual: 100,679 Gal
- November: Estimated Gal 55,907
- #2: November: 10,982 Gal, all in Clover
- Birch Street:
- Rain/Snow Fall in inches: November unavailable at this time