Town of Clover – Minutes
Regular Board Meeting
December 9, 2020 7:00 pm
Called to order at 7:00 PM
Roll Call: Present: Steele, Gillespey, Isaksson, Rebak, Morelli ,by Phone Smith, Absent Stemwedel, Also present Dale Fuller, Shirley Nelson, Lois Palmer, Mark Filonowich.
Minutes of November Regular board meeting.
Treasurer’s Report for November.
Expenditures: Motion by Steele/sRebak to approve Batch T-1209 Carried Unanimous.
Caucus January 9th at 10:00am in the Gym.
- Transfer Station: Summer hours are in effect (Saturdays, 9:00am to 1:00pm) through May 1, then back to Summer hours (Saturdays only, 9:00am to 1:00pm and Wednesdays, 5:00pm to 7:00pm). TC COVID rules remain in effect, see the Town of Clover web site for specifics.
- The following activities are suspended until further notice.
- South Shore Senior Meal Program: every Tuesday from 2:00pm to 4:00pm at Bear Paw.
- Golden Shoes: Every Monday & Thursday from 10:00am to 11:00am at the gym
- 261 Fearless: Every Wednesday from 5:00pm to 6:00pm at the gym
- Dominos: Every other Wednesday in the meeting room from 1:00pm to 4:00pm next, Wednesday, October 10
- Pickle Ball: Every Thursday at the Gym from 3:00pm to 5:00pm (beginners @ 2:00pm)
- Coffee, Treats and Fellowship: every Thursday from 8:00am in the meeting room
Applications for Transfer Station (the dump) Attendant are being accepted by the Town. For an application please call Tracy Gillespey, Clerk ((715)774-3780 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. A position Description is available also. Glen Isaksson is resigning effective December 26. We thank him for his many years of dedicated service. He will be missed.
- Gym lot: The Gym parking lot is now the preferred helicopter landing site. If parking your car and leaving the Gym area, please park your car on Wee Avenue.
- Gym Users: PLEASE change into gym shoes prior to using the gym. PLEASE put the equipment away after use. Recently there have been many mornings when the Town Officials have come in and found balls lying around on the floor or stage, and the pickle ball net has not been returned to its carrier. There is no employee available to pick up after your use. There is no fee for use of the gym. You are responsible for picking up after your use.
- Gym Users: Planning an Event in the Gym? Please let Tracy know so that she can have you complete the event form for use of the Gym. This applies to both residents and non-residents of Herbster.
- Gym Users: Please consult the Calendar to the right of the lobby doors as you face the gym. If persons or groups are signed up for any of the time that you wish to use the gym, PLEASE yield the gym to those users at the appointed hours without delay.
Reports: (Please see: Announcements, Reports & Notes)
- Town Planning Commission – No meeting Couple items but not necessary for TPC.
- Fire Department: Rebak report . Officer meeting only, Retirement letter from Paul Isaksson.
- Ambulance: Stemwedel report.
- Playground: Closed at this time.
- Roads: Steele referred to the written report in the meeting packet.
- Boat Parking: Isaksson see notes. No meeting
- Transfer Station: Steele. See notes
- Cemetery: Rebak
- Gym. Steele. Closed at this time.
- Bark Bay Slough Task Force: See notes all information received and permits sent.
- Upkeep of Historic Gym including annual cleaning of kitchen:
- Recommend Actions regarding attracting tourists:
- Follow up to Resolution # 05-005 establishing the National Incident Management System as the Town of Clover standard for incident management. No Report
- Follow up to Resolution dated October 10, 2007 Agreement to participate in development of Multi-jurisdictional Comprehensive Plan. TBD.
- BUSINESS: Government:
- General Government:
- Discussion/Likely Action related to Resolution #20201211 Required Annual Resolution Regarding Treasurer’s Bond—Steele (see packets)
- Motion: by Steele/sRebak to adopt resolution 20201211. Carried unanimous.
- Discussion/Possible Action related to Office for the Sanitary District—Stemwedel-defered
- Discussion/Possible Action related to recommendation to Bayfield County Zoning Committee:
- C. & R.R Ofstenhage
- Motion: by to approve Class A for Ofstenhage. Carried Uninmous
- Jane Beauchamp FBO Pensco Trust
- Motion: by Isaksson/sSteele to approve Class A for Beauchamp/FBO pensco trust. Carried Unanimous.
- Public Safety:
- Discussion Only/Perhaps Action in November related to SSAA charging for non-transport calls -defer
- Public Works:
- Discussion/Likely Action related to carry over of not greater than 120 hours PTO for Tim Nicoletti to 2021—Steele (see Note #1 below) No action needed.
- Education and Recreation:
- Discussion/Perhaps Action related to issues regarding November 11 agenda item: Reimbursement to the Herbster Community club of designated funds donated to the Tow of Clover for construction of the Town Park pavilion and not used for that purpose—Steele report
- No action.
- Discussion/Perhaps Action related storage of Town Park/Campground Tables—Steele No action needed.
- Future Agenda Items:
- Discussion/Perhaps Adoption related to: Ordinance Prohibiting Motorized Vehicles upon Beaches within the Township of Clover (Adopted March 9, 1988)
- Large Pavilion:
- Campsites around Large Pavilion
- Coverage Agreement follow-up
- Charging for non-transport calls
- Research Ordinance for hunting on the beach.
- Amendment to Driveway Ordinance.
Motion to Adjourn By Consensus: 8:03 pm
Minutes prepared by the Town Clerk
Minutes are unofficial until approved by the Town of Clover Board.