Town of Clover – Minutes
Regular Board Meeting
August 11, 2021 7:00 pm
Called to order at 7:00 PM
Roll Call: Present: Steele, Gillespey, Isaksson, Stemwedel, Fuller, Morelli, Smith Also present Shirley Nelson, Cindy Lazorik, Lois Palmer, Merv Shaffer, Erin Hutchinson, James Wissing.
Minutes of July 14 Regular board meeting.
Treasurer’s Report for July.
Expenditures: Motion by Steele/sStemwedel to approve Batch T-0811 Carried Unanimous.
Business: Discussion and action may occur on any of the following agenda items.
Renewal of Town insurance policy with Rural Mutual Insurance Company
Motion: Steele/sStemwedel to renew town insurance with Rural Mutual Insurance. Carried Unanimous.
Act on Resolution 20210803-1 adopted by the electors at the Special Town Meeting on August 3, 2021, granting the Town Board the limited authority to grant a quit claim deed free of restrictions to the Herbster Community Church to the property described as Lot Eight (8), Block Seven (7), Plat of Orchard City.
Motion: by Fuller/sStemwedel that the Town of Clover, Bayfield County, Wisconsin grant a quit claim deed to the property described as Lot eight(8) block (7) plat of orchard city without restrictions to the Herbster community church for the sum of one dollar ($1) plus any and all expenses incurred by the town of clover in order to initiate and complete the transaction as per resolution 20210803-1. Carried Unanimous.
Erin Hutchinson is seeking an exemption from the no parking ordinance on Bark Point Road adjacent to the Park Pavilion on August 21 and 22 in order to hold an event in the pavilion.
Motion: Steels/sStemwedel to grant exemption from the no parking on Bark Point rd by park pavilion on August 21 and 22 for event. Carried Unanimous.
Scenic Byway report, also need for short term rental operators to comply with the rules that apply to them. Erin Hutchinson Byways report grant money available looking for input for ideas.
Transient Merchant permit request by Pictured Rock adventures (Chris Prysok) Deferred packet not complete.
Violations on Bayfield County Inspection Report of Town campground and how to correct them. Have been corrected and communicated.
Reaction to latest mask recommendations. Stemwedel
Motion: by Steele/sStemwedel to require masks for all at government meetings with dais to be placed adequate distance from all and that speakers remove mask lonely when speaking, further that the board social distance the tables as to be able to remove mask to speak and replace when done speaking. Carried Unanimous.
Motion: by Steele/sStemwedel Should Bayfield County request that masks be required the gym be closed to all except for government business until request is removed. Carried Unanimous.
Reports: (Please see: Announcements, Reports & Notes)
- Town Planning Commission – No meeting
- Fire Department: No report
- Ambulance: Stemwedel report.10 calls.
- Campground: Conditional use permit is needed. Hosts are doing a wonderful job this season so far, working very hard to make a pleasurable stay for campers.
- Roads: Information on load restrictions
- Boat Parking: Isaksson the walkway is in place all sections small items to be finished.
- Transfer Station: Fuller Summer hours
- Cemetery: Fuller
- Gym. Fuller information presented on new election equipment
- Bark Bay Slough Steele
- Future agenda items:
- Conditional use permit campground
- Non transport ambulance
- Budget planning
- Public comment will be heard in this regard under the three-minute rule.
Motion to Adjourn by consensus: 8:50pm
Minutes prepared by the Town Clerk
Minutes are unofficial until approved by the Town of Clover Board.
* Towns may adopt an alternative claims procedure ordinance under Wis. Stat. § 60.44(2) that provides an expedited process for paying all or select types of bills. This ordinance delegates primary approval authority to the clerk and allows signed checks to be distributed by the treasurer before being approved by the town board. Clerks then present a monthly list of paid claims to the town board for approval after the fact.