Town of Clover – Minutes
Regular Board Meeting
July 8, 2020 7:00 pm
Called to order at 7:00 PM
Roll Call: Present: Steele, Gillespey, Isaksson, Smith, Stemwedel, Rebak, Absent Morelli Also present Lois Palmer.
Public Comments: None
Minutes of June Regular board meeting.
Minutes of Special board meeting June 23.
Treasurer’s Report for June.
Expenditures: Motion by Steele/s Stemwedel to approve Batch T-0708 Carried Unanimous.
Open Book: Saturday July 11th 9am- 11am in the gym.
Board of Review: Saturday July 25th 10:00 am to Noon In the gym.
Partisan Election: Tuesday August 11 from 7:00 am to 8:00pm. Absentee Ballot request at www.myvote.wi.gov
Transfer Station: Summer hours are in effect (Saturdays, 9:00am to 1:00pm and Wednesdays, 5:00pm to 7:00pm) outside the Town Garage
- The following activities are suspended until further notice.
- South Shore Senior Meal Program: every Tuesday from 2:00pm to 4:00pm at Bear Paw.
- Golden Shoes: Every Monday & Thursday from 10:00am to 11:00am at the gym
- 261 Fearless: Every Wednesday from 5:00pm to 6:00pm at the gym
- Dominoes: Every other Wednesday in the meeting room from 1:00pm to 4:00pm next, Wednesday, October 10
- Pickle Ball: Every Thursday at the Gym from 3:00pm to 5:00pm (beginners @ 2:00pm)
- Coffee, Treats and Fellowship: every Thursday from 8:00am in the meeting room
- PLEASE Complete and return your census survey. The aggregated information from this is very important to the Town for such things as seeking grant funding, for economic development and the like.
- Gym lot: The Gym parking lot is now the preferred helicopter landing site. If parking your car and leaving the Gym area, please park your car on Wee Avenue.
- Gym Users: PLEASE change into gym shoes prior to using the gym. PLEASE put the equipment away after use. Recently there have been many mornings when the Town Officials have come in and found balls lying around on the floor or stage, and the pickle ball net has not been returned to its carrier. There is no employee available to pick up after your use. There is no fee for use of the gym. You are responsible for picking up after your use.
- Gym Users: Planning an Event in the Gym? Please let Tracy know so that she can have you complete the event form for use of the Gym. This applies to both residents and non-residents of Herbster.
- Gym Users: Please consult the Calendar to the right of the lobby doors as you face the gym. If persons or groups are signed up for any of the time that you wish to use the gym, PLEASE yield the gym to those users at the appointed hours without delay.
Reports: (Please see: Announcements, Reports & Notes)
- Town Planning Commission – No Meeting.
- Fire Department: Rebak report in packet, Training, up coming Chicken Feed July 18th.
- Ambulance: Stemwedel report.
- Campground: Closed at this time.
- Playground: Closed at this time.
- Roads: Steele referred to the written report in the meeting packet. BPR funding is now in.
- Boat Parking: Isaksson see notes.Committee looking at ditching on east side of dock, build bins for trash and recycling, new design for walkway stability.
- Transfer Station: Steele. See notes
- Cemetery: Rebak completed Ordinance changes amendment on agenda.
- Gym. Steele. Closed at this time.
- Bark Bay Slough Task Force: See notes all information received and permits sent.
- Upkeep of Historic Gym including annual cleaning of kitchen:
- Recommend Actions regarding attracting tourists:
- Follow up to Resolution # 05-005 establishing the National Incident Management System as the Town of Clover standard for incident management. No Report
- Follow up to Resolution dated October 10, 2007 Agreement to participate in development of Multi-jurisdictional Comprehensive Plan. TBD.
- BUSINESS: Government:
- Use of Town Garage during off hours by Sanitary District employees—Stemwedel
- Discussion had and items to look into.
- Health and Human Services: Discussion/Likely Action related to the Cemetery:
- Ordinance #20200708-1 Amendment to Ordinance #20130911-1 Town of Clover—Town Cemetery Ordinance-Rebak (see packet)
- Motion: by Isaksson/sSteele to adopt ordinance 20200708-1 amendments to Ordinance 20130911-1 Carried Unanimous.
- Resolution 20200708-1, Authority, Responsibility and Duties of the Sexton-Rebak (see packet)
- Motion: by Rebak/sIsaksson to adopt resolution 20200708-1 Carried Unanimous.
- Resolution 20200708-2, Designation of the Sexton-Rebak (see packet)
- Motion: by Rebak/sS teele to adopt resolution 20200708-2 Carried Unanimous.
- Resolution 20200708-3, Succession of Sexton Authority in the absence of the Sexton-Rebak (see packet
- Motion: by Rebak/sSteele to adopt resolution 20200708-3 Carried Unanimous.
- Position Description, Sexton-Rebak (see packet)
- By consensus: to accept position description of sexton.
- Future Agenda Items:
- Discussion/Perhaps Adoption related to: Ordinance Prohibiting Motorized Vehicles upon Beaches within the Township of Clover (Adopted March 9, 1988)
- Large Pavilion:
- Campsites around Large Pavilion
- Coverage Agreement follow-up
- Charging for non-transport calls
Motion to Adjourn By Consensus: 7:54 pm
Minutes prepared by the Town Clerk
Minutes are unofficial until approved by the Town of Clover Board.