Town of Clover – Minutes
Regular Board Meeting
April 8, 2020 7:00 pm
Called to order at 7:00 PM
Roll Call: Present: Steele, Gillespey, Isaksson, Rebak . by phone, Smith, Morelli Absent: Stemwedel
Minutes of March 11 Regular board meeting.
Minutes of March 19 Special board meeting
Treasurer’s Report for March.
Expenditures: Motion by Steele/sRebak to approve Batch T-0408 Carried Unanimous.
– Elections at Polls: May 12, 2020. Polls open from 7:00am to 8:00pm in the Historic Gymnasium
– Transfer Station: Winter hours are in effect (Saturdays only, 9:00am to 1:00pm) outside the Town Garage
– The following activities are suspended until further notice.
– South Shore Senior Meal Program: every Tuesday from 2:00pm to 4:00pm at Bear Paw.
– Golden Shoes: Every Monday & Thursday from 10:00am to 11:00am at the gym
– 261 Fearless: Every Wednesday from 5:00pm to 6:00pm at the gym
– Dominos: Every other Wednesday in the meeting room from 1:00pm to 4:00pm next, Wednesday, October 10
– Pickle Ball: Every Thursday at the Gym from 3:00pm to 5:00pm (beginners @ 2:00pm)
– Coffee, Treats and Fellowship: every Thursday from 8:00am in the meeting room
– PLEASE Complete and return your census survey. The aggregated information from this is very important to the
Town for such things as seeking grant funding, for economic development and the like.
– Gym lot: The Gym parking lot is now the preferred helicopter landing site. If parking your car and leaving the
Gym area, please park your car on Wee Avenue.
– Gym Users: PLEASE change into gym shoes prior to using the gym. PLEASE put the equipment away after use.
Recently there have been many mornings when the Town Officials have come in and found balls lying around on
the floor or stage, and the pickle ball net has not been returned to its carrier. There is no employee available to
pick up after your use. There is no fee for use of the gym. You are responsible for picking up after your use.
– Gym Users: Planning an Event in the Gym? Please let Tracy know so that she can have you complete the event
form for use of the Gym. This applies to both residents and non-residents of Herbster.
– Gym Users: Please consult the Calendar to the right of the lobby doors as you face the gym. If persons or groups
are signed up for any of the time that you wish to use the gym, PLEASE yield the gym to those users at the
appointed hours without delay.
Reports: (Please see: Announcements, Reports & Notes)
– Town Planning Commission – No Meeting. Canceled April and May meetings
– Fire Department: Rebak report in packet, financials for the year. Canceled April meeting and spring training, and Fire Association meeting.
– Ambulance: Stemwedel report.
– Campground: Smith. Closed at this time. Possible new camp host. Request to move the grill for construction purposes at this time.
– Playground: Isaksson. Closed at this time.
– Roads: Steele referred to the written report in the meeting packet.
– Boat Parking: Isaksson see notes. Standing committee listed Sheryl Isaksson, Jim Reha, Stan Samuals, Dale
Paulson, Mark Pope.
– Transfer Station: Steele. See notes Summer hour will start May 1st
– Cemetery: Rebak
– Gym. Steele. Closed at this time.
– Bark Bay Slough Task Force: See notes all information received and permits sent.
o Upkeep of Historic Gym including annual cleaning of kitchen: TBD.
o Recommend Actions regarding attracting tourists: TBD.
o Follow up to Resolution # 05-005 establishing the National Incident Management System as the Town of Clover standard for incident management. No Report
o Follow up to Resolution dated October 10, 2007 Agreement to participate in development of Multi-jurisdictional Comprehensive Plan. TBD.
o BUSINESS: Government:
o Discussion/Likely Action related to Transient Merchant permits for:
Motion by: Rebak/sSteele to approve Transient merchant permit to Wilderness Inquiry for 2020
season. Carried Unanimous.
Lost Creek Adventures
Motion by: Isaksson/sSmith to approve Transient merchant permit to Lost Creek Adventures
o Discussion/Likely Action related to reappointment of Pete Berton to the Town Planning Commission for
a three (3) year term ending April 30, 2023
o Motion by: Smith/sIsaksson to appoint Pete Berton to the TPC for a three (3) year term ending April 30, 2023 Carried Unanimous
o Discussion/Likely action related to:
Postpone the Annual Meeting to a date that is not during a period covered by a public health emergency—the end of the public health emergency is not known at this time, thus the date will be established as the date of the end of the public health emergency is known (2019 Senate Bill 912, an act to renumber 60.11(2)(b); to amend 70.47(1); and to create 60.11(2)(b)2.; Relating to postponing the annual town meeting the meeting of the boards of review.)
Motion by: Steele/sSmith to postpone the annual meeting to a date that is not during a period covered by a public health emergency the date will be established as the date of the end of the public health emergency is known. Carried Unanimous.
Postpone the meeting of the Board of Review to a date that is not during a period covered by a public health emergency—the end of the public health emergency is not known at this time, thus the date will be established as the date of the end of the public health emergency is known (see comment in parentheses above) Deferred to May meeting.
o Roads: Discussion/Likely Action related to Opening Gravel Bids
o One Bid was opened, received from South Shore Sand and Gravel/Trusty Trucking.
o Motion by: Rebak/sIsaksson to accept the bid from South Shore Sand and Gravel/Trusty Trucking for the
2020 year. Carried Unanimous.
– Future Agenda Items:
o Hill with electricity
o Motor Homes including water
Shower for Non-Campers
o Discussion/Perhaps Adoption related to: Ordinance Prohibiting Motorized Vehicles upon Beaches within the Township of Clover (Adopted March 9, 1988)
o Large Pavilion:
- Campsites around Large Pavilion
- Coverage Agreement follow-up
- Charging for non-transport calls
Motion to Adjourn by Consensus: 7:38 pm
Minutes prepared by Town Clerk
Minutes are unofficial until approved by the Town of Clover Board.