Town of Clover – Minutes
Regular Board Meeting
July 14, 2021 7:00 pm
Called to order at 7:00 PM
Roll Call: Present: Steele, Gillespey, Isaksson, Stemwedel, Fuller, Morelli, Smith Also present Shirley Nelson, Cindy Lazorik, Lois Palmer, Patty Carpenter, Jasan Carpenter, Mark Pope, Joe Bruneau, Merv Shaffer, David Coates, Mark Filonavich, Peter Wagner, Dana Churness, Jeff Byerhof.
Minutes of June 9 Regular board meeting.
Minutes of June 14 Special board meeting and roads review.
Treasurer’s Report for June.
Expenditures: Motion by Steele/sStemwedel to approve Batch T-0714 Carried Unanimous.
Business: Discussion and action may occur on any of the following agenda items.
Set Open Book and Board of Review dates. Open Book Saturday July 24th 8-10 and Board of Review Saturday July 31 2021 from 10-Noon. By consensus.
Short term rental license renewal application for:
Scott Sample for the property at 87685 Bark Point Road, Herbster, WI 54844.
Motion: by Stemwedel/sSteele to approve STR license renewal for Scott Sample. Carried Unanimous
William and Sandra Bodner for the property at 87560 Bark Point Road, Herbster, WI 54844.
Motion: by Stemwedel/sIsaksson to approve STR license renewal for Sandra Bodner. Carried Unanimous
Grant and Holly Henry for the property at State Hwy 13, Herbster, WI 54844.
Motion: by Stemwedel/sIsaksson to approve STR license renewal for Holly Henry. Carried Unanimous
Class A permit Request to eliminate the expiration date on the special use permit for the short term rental property owned by Richard Glau at 86655 Lenawee Road, Herbster, WI 54844.
Motion: by Steele/sSmith to recommend to release the expiration date on STR owned by Ricard Glau at 86655 Lenawee rd. Carried Unanimous.
Request by the Herbster Community Club for raffle prize donation to Corn and Brat Fest to be held August 21, 2021. Nelson
Motion: by Stemwedel/sIsaksson to donate 5 days of camping and 5 days of boat launch to the HCC for the Corn and Brat feed raffle. Carried Unanimous.
Application for employment by Kristin Mintzlaff for the position of Solid Waste Transfer Station Attendant.
Motion: by Steele/sIsaksson to hire Kristin Mintzlaff as a transfer station attendant. Carried Unanimous.
Request by the Herbster Community Church to remove the stipulations placed on the deed to Lot 8, Block 7, Plat of Orchard City, (the property where the church is located) by the Town of Clover in 1979.
Electors meeting Tuesday, August 3rd at 7:00pm in the Gym.
Whether to charge for non-transport calls made by South Shore Ambulance Association.
Patti and Jeff to determine a schedule and fee for ambulance fees and non transport.
Resolution 20210714-1 pertaining to the proposed installation of rumble strips on State Hwy 13 from Herbster to Cornucopia when the road is resurfaced in 2023.
Motion: Steele/sSmith to adopt resolution 20210714-1, Carried 4-1
Review “Policies and Terms of Service” for Town of Clover campground to be used on website for online registration.
By consensus: to accept the changes to policies and terms of service for the campground brochure.
Reports: (Please see: Announcements, Reports & Notes)
- Town Planning Commission – No meeting
- Fire Department: No report
- Ambulance: Stemwedel report.11 calls.
- Campground: Thanks to Iva and Dale for working on reservation system seems to be working well.
- Roads: Calcium chloride on random areas of the roads.
- Boat Parking: Isaksson Mark Pope reported three sections of walkway are in and others to be finished and place, will need to look at funding issues for future improvements.
- Transfer Station: Fuller Summer hours
- Cemetery: Fuller
- Gym. Fuller
- Bark Bay Slough Steele
- Future agenda items: Public comment will be heard in this regard under the three-minute rule.
Motion to Adjourn by Steele/sFuller: 8:45pm
Minutes prepared by the Town Clerk
Minutes are unofficial until approved by the Town of Clover Board.
* Towns may adopt an alternative claims procedure ordinance under Wis. Stat. § 60.44(2) that provides an expedited process for paying all or select types of bills. This ordinance delegates primary approval authority to the clerk and allows signed checks to be distributed by the treasurer before being approved by the town board. Clerks then present a monthly list of paid claims to the town board for approval after the fact.